Honored Contributor

Re: 📸 Rihanna made the cover of Vogue 📷

@shoekitty, for me, carrying high resulted in a boy.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

@AngelPuppy1 wrote:

Pregnancy is a beautiful thing and something to be celebrated so I will put that out there right off!  However, this trend or whatever you want to call it - with letting the - "baby "bump"--- which by the way, I really dislike this term, --- be on full display such as Rhianna by wearing these skin tight getups or showing the full skin of the pregnant belly is just not attractive and not necessary.  It looks really trashy.  

@AngelPuppy1 wrote:

Pregnancy is a beautiful thing and something to be celebrated so I will put that out there right off!  However, this trend or whatever you want to call it - with letting the - "baby "bump"--- which by the way, I really dislike this term, --- be on full display such as Rhianna by wearing these skin tight getups or showing the full skin of the pregnant belly is just not attractive and not necessary.  It looks really trashy.  

@AngelPuppy1 

ITA ....  I'm sure the photographer encouraged it, but she should have had someone there to give her feedback.  Trashy and undignified.   What a bad idea, IMO

Honored Contributor

That is a beautiful color on her.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Esteemed Contributor

She is a beautiful woman and a fashion diva and she's going to do what she's going to do. I think she looks amazing in the orange outfit but I bet it was a challenge to get into that thing. 

From the article  “I’m hoping that we were able to redefine what’s considered ‘decent’ for pregnant women,” she tells me. “My body is doing incredible things right now, and I’m not going to be ashamed of that. This time should feel celebratory. Because why should you be hiding your pregnancy?”

I also thought it was funny when the reporter asked Rhianna ... what happens if your child is not into fashion? And Rhianna says hush  ... don't be saying that. Smiley Happy  Rhinna said she didn't want to buy or wear any maternity clothing at all ... thus, you have the exposed belly.

I can tell you that I did not feel as fearless about showing my tummy when I was pregnant.

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Honored Contributor

I don't think it has anything to do with being "ashamed" or "hiding" a pregnancy, if someone decides not to wear skintight clothing.

I guess some people are very much less self-conscious or I can't think of the word-sort of like exhibitionist but not that.

Anyway, I think she looks beautiful but I would never wear that either. I think pregnant women can look beautiful without wearing skintight clothes or revealing everything.

Sometimes more is more but sometimes less is more!

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

@kate2357 wrote:

She is a beautiful woman and a fashion diva and she's going to do what she's going to do. I think she looks amazing in the orange outfit but I bet it was a challenge to get into that thing. 

From the article  “I’m hoping that we were able to redefine what’s considered ‘decent’ for pregnant women,” she tells me. “My body is doing incredible things right now, and I’m not going to be ashamed of that. This time should feel celebratory. Because why should you be hiding your pregnancy?”

@kate2357 

Well, fine, but that's not the point at all,  IMO.  It has nothing to so with "shame" or hiding the pregnancy.   

This really isn't any different than seeing a guy with his pants falling down and you get a view of his butt crack up close.  It may be "natural" but it doesn't mean you want to be subjected to it.

Honored Contributor

Heaven's to Betsy!

Honored Contributor

She looks kind of grumpy.