Esteemed Contributor

Re: Rihanna Is Joining The Voice

The advisers are on for a such a short time  during the season- I remember being ecstatic that Billie Joe Armstrong was going to be on the show a few seasons back. I think he got about 15 minutes of air time AT MOST that season!

Rihanna has a beautiful voice- some of her songs aren't to my liking but that's her producers and management  more than anything else. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@betteb wrote:

@cowboy sam wrote:

betteb..

it went down hill i think after Harry left...just my thoughts.

I don't think I ever got over Simon leaving. I used to love to hate himWoman LOL

Harry's still there!

I also miss Simon- the X Factor never hit the mark in the US. With Howard Stern leaving America's Got Talent after this season, there's talk Simon will be the 'new'  judge! 

Trusted Contributor

I thinks this is funny, because IMHO, she cannot sing. Most of her stuff is synthesized.

Honored Contributor

@cowboy sam wrote:

betteb..

Harry never left American Idol.  He's still there.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Valued Contributor

@Nicknack wrote:

@cowboy sam wrote:

betteb..

I thought American Idol was over? Cancelled?

Respected Contributor

@RainCityWoman wrote:

The Voice went down hill when they allowed it to become the Blake and Adam show. I quit watching it because I couldn't stand how much time was spent on those two bickering and insulting each other as they ignored the contestants. Why don't they send those two off on hiatus like they have done with the other two judges? Pharell took everything he did as a judge seriously. He is a class act. 

I read somewhere that the executives told them to play up it more. This was before the last season started, but I agree that it's too much.   I still really enjoy the show get to see some amazing singers.

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*
Respected Contributor

@spindlegirl wrote:

@Nicknack wrote:

@cowboy sam wrote:

betteb..

X Factor was.     I think the AI judges are way too boring together, I haven't watched since they all got together.   Keith Urban and his 'babe' drove me crazy for the one show we did watch all the way through.  5 minutes into the other's we tried to watch were painful to me.   I loved the try outs, they were a lot of fun.

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*
Honored Contributor

@spindlegirl wrote:

@Nicknack wrote:

@cowboy sam wrote:

betteb..

AI has one more year and then it's over.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

Know almost nothing about her, but I have some of her perfumes, and do like those.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

These 'talent' shows are less about who's on stage & more about who's in the judge/advisor chair.

The shows are basically one loooong infomercial for whatever the judge/advisor is plugging at the time.  

-) new album

-) new video

-) new fashion line,

-) new movie

-) new concert kickoff

-) commercial spokesperson

I don't watch these shows, but all of a sudden, Shakira began popping up in ALOT of commercials...sho'nuf she was a judge.  JLo was another....couldn't go anywhere without hearing/seeing one of JLo's songs/videos...she was everywhere...sho'nuf she was a judge.   Even if I don't watch, I'm subjected to the tyranny of TV Pop Culture. Argh!

With that being said, RiRi is an interesting choice.  She's very controversial in many fronts, but she has a beautiful voice.   A lot of that is overshadowed with her Chris Brown thing, her wardrobe, her drug use and her videos.

If you're doing a quick Google search on RiRi, be warned.

Do.

Not.

...repeat...

Do not watch her current video (Bi*ch Better Have My Money) without understanding it is highly, HIGHLY....NSFW.  Very controversial.