Honored Contributor

Right now I'm driving through Switzerland in my armchair

Oh my gosh, is it ever beautiful.  I'll have to watch one on Germany too, I think it would be very pretty too.  Love the green, love the mountains, love the houses built into the hills, and they drive on the right side of the road.  

If you had $$ and no ailments, where you like to travel to? 

My armchair ride is provided by YouTube.  

Honored Contributor

Re: Right now I'm driving through Switzerland in my armchair

@qualitygal wrote:

Oh my gosh, is it ever beautiful.  I'll have to watch one on Germany too, I think it would be very pretty too.  Love the green, love the mountains, love the houses built into the hills, and they drive on the right side of the road.  

If you had $$ and no ailments, where you like to travel to? 

My armchair ride is provided by YouTube.  

@qualitygal 

Sounds wonderful!  Yes, I'd love to ride along, too!

I was in Germany once as a very small child and don't remember a whole lot about it.  I always wanted to go back there and also to Switzerland, Holland, Denmark, Ireland, England, Italy, Greece, Egypt --- many more!  I know this will never happen but it's good there are some places on t.v. where you can see some of these things.  Enjoy!!! 

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

@AngelPuppy1 @I f

Just  got back from Germany...utube.So beautiful.I never realized how old most of Europe is.I wish I had taken the opportunities when I had them to travel.

Super Contributor

I've lived in Germany twice and had the opportunity to see Switzerland. There are parts of the Alps that are so stunning, they don't even look real. I definitely would love to travel back there. 

Honored Contributor

That's an easy one for me. I'd go back to Paris, rent an apartment instead of hotel room. I can shop the beautifully displayed fruit and vegetable markets, stop off for a fresh baguette or croissants, a bouquet of flowers and the fish market. Back up in my apartment's impossibly tiny kitchen, I'd cook with wonderful ingredients and eat on my small 3'X3' terrace and people watch. 

Later you'll find me painting along the Seine River. On my walk home, I'd stop off for a cappuccino or latte. 

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

That's an easy one for me. I'd go back to Paris, rent an apartment instead of hotel room. I can shop the beautifully displayed fruit and vegetable markets, stop off for a fresh baguette or croissants, a bouquet of flowers and the fish market. Back up in my apartment's impossibly tiny kitchen, I'd cook with wonderful ingredients and eat on my small 3'X3' terrace and people watch. 

Later you'll find me painting along the Seine River. On my walk home, I'd stop off for a cappuccino or latte. 

Wow Shanus Paris will be my next trip.You got my curiosity going.

Esteemed Contributor

What a great idea!  So many places we have been I would love to return to.  We have been so fortunate, and we do feel blessed.

We did go to Germany several years back and loved it.  The part I think I loved the most was in the German alps - I believe Garmish was the place we stayed.  There’s also a funny family memory about that trip.  I personally don’t drink, but have no problem with drinking in moderation.  Picture this:  we were in the original Student Prince in Munich during Oktoberfest, so I decided to have a beer.  No one could believe I did this, and our son said, over and over, “I can’t believe my mother had a beer.”  You might have thought I danced on the tables.

Thank you for this suggestion.  I want to revisit so many beautiful places, as I do in my mind.  We had planned to go to Italy in September, one place we never went to.  Don’t know why.