Reply
Highlighted
Valued Contributor
Posts: 951
Registered: ‎03-13-2010

Re: Ridiculous Ordering during Pandemic

I went a little crazy ordering when my State went on lockdown in early March. I had plenty of stuff in my pantry as I tend to stock up prior to winter in case I get snowed in. ( I already had plenty of TP and cleaning supplies so those were not issues) But I ordered MORE for my pantry. Fortunately, the local food bank was happy to take my excess.

 

My most ridiculous purchase was 2 large (40oz) containters of hot chocolate mix. I had in my mind that if I could not get milk or coffee creamer that I could use this in my coffee and that I would satisfy any chocolate craving I might have. Now, I already have a couple of boxes of Nestle (single servings) Hot cocoa mix in the pantry that I could use. Just shaking my head, wondering what I was thinking. 

 

 

Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Posts: 4,693
Registered: ‎03-19-2010

Re: Ridiculous Ordering during Pandemic


@gidgetgh wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

I haven't had interest in buying clothes. In fact, I think that is now permanent. I buy books but always have. And I buy what I consider essentials, which I can't catogorize as "ridiculous."

 

My only slight regret is having gone a bit bonkers early on buying paper goods. Yes, there, I said it. But at least I think we'll be set for either a surge or for the rest of our lives.



@suzyQ3 - add me to the bonkers on buying paper goods early on also list.

 

The most recent is Kirkland kitchen trash bags from Costco.  We love them.   We actually NEEDED some last month so I ordered them for delivery. No big deal, right? 200 bags in the box so they last a long time. 

Well......anticipating a fall and winter with the virus again and anticipating shortages, I nervously ordered another box and they arrived yesterday. 


@gidgetgh Hubby picked up a box of those bags.  Weren't sure if we will like them or not, but they were out of the Glad ones we normally get, and usually Kirkland brands are good.  

 

Now, for yard work bags I only buy Husky Contractor bags which I get from Publix.  Those Lawn & Leaf bags the big box stores sell are worthless to me.  I need heavy duty.  

 

We had already bought our twice a year supply of TP from Costco before our ski trip and we're still working on it so luckily we missed the paper goods rush.  I do wish Publix would get in the two-packs of Bounty though especially since my cats have all decided it's upchuck season, but I really don't want to buy a jumbo package.  I may have to though since I prefer Bounty over Brawny which I can get in the two-pack.

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 5,007
Registered: ‎03-14-2010

Re: Ridiculous Ordering during Pandemic


@alicedee wrote:

Yeah....I was having trouble finding boxed Mac and cheese dinners to keep in my emergency food stash.  So I went on Amazon and ordered a big container of powdered cheese so I could make it with my own boxes of macaroni in a pinch.

 

Thr next day I ordered something again from Amazon and saw that cheese still in my order...so I clicked "order" again.

 

I now have two big canisters of powdered cheese!  I will pass one along to the next food drive I see!


 

 

Please tell me what you think of your powdered cheese. I saw a container of that powdered cheese at Sam's. Wondered how it tasted.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor
Posts: 9,439
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: Ridiculous Ordering during Pandemic


@Icegoddess wrote:

@gidgetgh wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

I haven't had interest in buying clothes. In fact, I think that is now permanent. I buy books but always have. And I buy what I consider essentials, which I can't catogorize as "ridiculous."

 

My only slight regret is having gone a bit bonkers early on buying paper goods. Yes, there, I said it. But at least I think we'll be set for either a surge or for the rest of our lives.



@suzyQ3 - add me to the bonkers on buying paper goods early on also list.

 

The most recent is Kirkland kitchen trash bags from Costco.  We love them.   We actually NEEDED some last month so I ordered them for delivery. No big deal, right? 200 bags in the box so they last a long time. 

Well......anticipating a fall and winter with the virus again and anticipating shortages, I nervously ordered another box and they arrived yesterday. 


@gidgetgh Hubby picked up a box of those bags.  Weren't sure if we will like them or not, but they were out of the Glad ones we normally get, and usually Kirkland brands are good.  

 

Now, for yard work bags I only buy Husky Contractor bags which I get from Publix.  Those Lawn & Leaf bags the big box stores sell are worthless to me.  I need heavy duty.  

 

We had already bought our twice a year supply of TP from Costco before our ski trip and we're still working on it so luckily we missed the paper goods rush.  I do wish Publix would get in the two-packs of Bounty though especially since my cats have all decided it's upchuck season, but I really don't want to buy a jumbo package.  I may have to though since I prefer Bounty over Brawny which I can get in the two-pack.



@Icegoddess - we don't buy many things from Costco but we have used the Kirkland kitchen trash bags for years and they have been great.  And when I went online and they were in stock and delivery was only $3 it was a no brainer to buy another box. 

Let me tell you about my paper towels.  The more the better. 


Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 5,007
Registered: ‎03-14-2010

Re: Ridiculous Ordering during Pandemic


@FLYERSGIRL wrote:

I went a little crazy ordering when my State went on lockdown in early March. I had plenty of stuff in my pantry as I tend to stock up prior to winter in case I get snowed in. ( I already had plenty of TP and cleaning supplies so those were not issues) But I ordered MORE for my pantry. Fortunately, the local food bank was happy to take my excess.

 

My most ridiculous purchase was 2 large (40oz) containters of hot chocolate mix. I had in my mind that if I could not get milk or coffee creamer that I could use this in my coffee and that I would satisfy any chocolate craving I might have. Now, I already have a couple of boxes of Nestle (single servings) Hot cocoa mix in the pantry that I could use. Just shaking my head, wondering what I was thinking. 

 

 


 

 

Don't ask me why - I don't have a clue. But I thought is was a good idea to stock up and buy a box of 60 single serve envelopes of Swiss Miss Hot Cocoa Mix. I now have 58 envelopes to enjoy during the rest of spring and summer.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Posts: 4,390
Registered: ‎03-19-2014

Re: Ridiculous Ordering during Pandemic

Thankfully, I've never been an impulse buyer and that remains.  I did buy a new watch and a bra.  I needed both items.  Also did my first order for a top at Soft Surroundings but was really disappointed in it.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Highlighted
Honored Contributor
Posts: 12,066
Registered: ‎11-01-2010

Re: Ridiculous Ordering during Pandemic

@LipstickDiva  No. Kind of the opposite. Ordering only what I can use and need. Stopped buying clothes for work and bought some for working at home. Now I’m going back to the office next week so no more clothes for home. But now I’m thinking not to buy some things because I am not going anywhere other than work. 

Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Posts: 4,763
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: Ridiculous Ordering during Pandemic

[ Edited ]

Where was my brain????   

 

I ordered 2 pairs of  $60 pants from Anybody...............

 

I wouldn't pay $60 for anypants.......lol ............and I ordered 2 pairs  $120  

 

omg,was I out of my mind????

 

Of course I cannot cancell them!  Smiley Sad 

 

Isn't there a law  that you should be able to cancel something  within at least 24 hrs????

Highlighted
Honored Contributor
Posts: 19,505
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: Ridiculous Ordering during Pandemic


@MalteseMomma wrote:

Where was my brain????   

 

I ordered 2 pairs of  $60 pants from Anybody...............

 

I wouldn't pay $60 for anypants.......lol ............and I ordered 2 pairs  $120  

 

omg,was I out of my mind????

 

Of course I cannot cancell them!  Smiley Sad 

 

Isn't there a law  that you should be able to cancel something  within at least 24 hrs????


@MalteseMomma, no. You might be thinking of some contracts that give a person the ability to cancel after a certain number of days.

 

Otherwise, you own it or you return it.


~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland