Esteemed Contributor

Re: Ridiculous Ordering during Pandemic

......and QVC makes sure you cannot cancel when you realise what you did!!!!

Respected Contributor

I placed orders for face masks, seeds and patio containers and a new purse from Kipling (had my eye on it for a few months now). 

Clothingwise........one item.  I realize how little I need right now when it comes to clothing. And I don't want to have to mail items back or return to the stores when they open. 

Honored Contributor

I did order 3 t-shirts to spruce up my summer wardrobe.......Woman Very Happy

But I have been going crazy with my Instacart Grocery food menu----  Ill put things in my cart and go back and look at it and see--- too much chicken, and change it, too much Mexican food---change it---now I have to much Italian food.....and on it goes...  then I tossed the whole thing and went for a variety of "American" favorites Woman Very Happy  And I know when its delivered, Ill probably regret changing it... Woman LOL

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

A365618 in the blue on LTS with 10% rebate t hff at day from Topcashback

A few months ago during a Clear the Rack sale at Nordstrom Rack I purchased a Dooney & Bourke large wallet for about $42 in a beautiful Robin's egg blue that looks fabulous with the British tan trim. I didn't need it but knew I'd regret not buying it when my current much-used Hobo wallet (also purchased at the Rack years ago) wears out. I was so taken with the beautiful color combo of the blue and brown and it's a very useful large wallet.

Well, last week the above purse was an LTS and the blue with brown trim look to be the same colors as the pretty wallet (still unused). I don't carry bags this small for everyday but do like them for going to movies, arts and crafts fairs, out for coffee with a friend, etc. The thing is, I already have too many nice small ones for that so certainly didn't need another. I thought about the bag for almost the entire LTS time trying to talk myself out of it but in the end ordered it and am supposed to receive it today. It is (so far) my only corona shut-in pampering purchase. And I already own the beautiful D&B long strap to convert it to a crossbody. 👜 I hope I love it when I get it.
Esteemed Contributor

Groceries are bad.  I’m looking at grocery lists every single day, adding stuff.  I hate doing that but still do it.  I’m relieved that is the only area where I am on a spending spree.  

Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

I haven't had interest in buying clothes. In fact, I think that is now permanent. I buy books but always have. And I buy what I consider essentials, which I can't catogorize as "ridiculous."

My only slight regret is having gone a bit bonkers early on buying paper goods. Yes, there, I said it. But at least I think we'll be set for either a surge or for the rest of our lives.

@suzyQ3 - add me to the bonkers on buying paper goods early on also list.

The most recent is Kirkland kitchen trash bags from Costco.  We love them.   We actually NEEDED some last month so I ordered them for delivery. No big deal, right? 200 bags in the box so they last a long time. 

Well......anticipating a fall and winter with the virus again and anticipating shortages, I nervously ordered another box and they arrived yesterday. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

Honored Contributor

@drizzellla wrote:

@drizzellla looks like our house. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@alicedee wrote:

Yeah....I was having trouble finding boxed Mac and cheese dinners to keep in my emergency food stash.  So I went on Amazon and ordered a big container of powdered cheese so I could make it with my own boxes of macaroni in a pinch.

Thr next day I ordered something again from Amazon and saw that cheese still in my order...so I clicked "order" again.

I now have two big canisters of powdered cheese!  I will pass one along to the next food drive I see!

You're talking my serious comfort food there! I was so happy that the last time I shopped (seems like years ago) our fave mac and cheese in the little blue box was on sale 10 for $10. Got 20 (DH laughed) and it made me SO happy yesterday to look in the pantry and see those little "soldiers" on the shelf just waiting to serve.. One less worry and a comfort to boot.

Honored Contributor

No, I'm much less likely to impulse shop online than whem I'm in the store.  In fact, I usually procrastinate thinking it'll be there when I need it which is not always the case.  When they first started all the stay at home orders before we were directed to in my state I remember there being a comment on one of the news channels about the uptick in online sales.  I don't know if it was panic buying or people enjoying ordeing online.  Probably a bit of both. 

It seems a lot of the stuff I WANT to buy is now no longer available.  And I fear some of that will get worse even as the country starts to reopen until all the manufacturing of products starts to catch up.