Respected Contributor

Re: Ridiculous Ordering during Pandemic

@QVCkitty1, I love animal prints! Along those lines I also like other nature-based patterns. Yesterday I received the snakeskin pullover dress and the "nude" color gladiator sandals I had ordered. So cute plus I have a lot of nerve.

Honored Contributor

The only thing I have ordered were masks from QVC. Only purchasing needs, no wants. It is too soon to know how this will all end. Other than food, medications, gas, and church I am not spending. Plenty of time to shop when this situation improves. 

Esteemed Contributor

I ordered several clothing from QVC during the past 10 weeks. Everything that did not suit me was returned promptly- multiples in 2 bags with the return label. I try not to return single clothing items because of the expense. Not using the prepaid label is even more $$$!

Respected Contributor

I have ordered food goodies for stuck at home family. David's cookies, bagels.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Lord have mercy I am so bored, can't really find anything to order ! I don't need any clothes, closet is full, not going anywhere so that's  off the table. Downsized when I sold my house  last year and moved to an apartment so  I don't need anything. I did order some flower pots to repot a few plants, delivery is so slow from Home Depot, still waiting for them to arrive, ordered May 9th. I did order the Corkey's ribs TSV last night, read reviews today so I canceled my order. Here I sit retired, staying in to stay safe so I guess I will keep looking for something to order Woman LOL

Respected Contributor

It actually makes me sick to think about buying clothing, cosmetics, or any household items.  I spent too much time lately going thru closets and cabinets piling it up for giveaway.  I honestly don't need a thing!  I may never purchase another piece of clothing in my lifetime.  LOL!  I'm laughing, but am serious!  My purchasing has been extreme amounts of food and wine.  Good grief!  It's amazing I have managed to keep the weight down with the ridiculous cravings of things I don't normally eat.  I'm actually good about giving in to a high calorie snack and not repeating it.  Thank goodness!  Of course, I have to stick with chocolate since it goes so well with my wine!  Ha!

Esteemed Contributor

Blaming it on closet and drawer cleaning. Tossed almost all my uns and ordered new. Tossed socks I never wear. I had been hanging onto some of the stuff too long. Tossed a lot of sleepwear I no longer wear.   

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Respected Contributor

A monogrammed face mask, Jimmy the Baker cinnamon rolls when my freezer already looks like a game of Tetris, a bunch of those nail polish strip things when I never do my nails, coasters.
Respected Contributor

I have cleaned and purged every cupboard, closet, and drawer in the house. I’m now taking all of it that has been piled in my bedroom for weeks to a few open donation sites. Did that reality check slow me down....noooo. But to be fair I’ve lost weight and purged a ton of ill-fitting tops and pants so replaced some with a better fitting version. So I give myself a pass on that ordering. I found several D&C replacements on eBay at about half the price, new too, and that was a happy discovery. However, I have 36 packets of powered milk staring me in the face every time I open the pantry. I’ll eventually use it up (wishful thinking).

And since I have been staying home, I used Amazon for many self-care items I was using up. They also sponsor those intriguing articles on how to organize or clean or find a hack, with all the imbedded links so conveniently taking one to Amazon. Very clever marketing, and I bought a few things. Because of this I found a beauty line I really like—Desert Essence—based on tea tree and other natural oils. Perfect for my sensitive skin. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I haven't had interest in buying clothes. In fact, I think that is now permanent. I buy books but always have. And I buy what I consider essentials, which I can't catogorize as "ridiculous."

My only slight regret is having gone a bit bonkers early on buying paper goods. Yes, there, I said it. But at least I think we'll be set for either a surge or for the rest of our lives.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland