Trusted Contributor

Re: Riddle Me This

[ Edited ]

@Jordan2 wrote:

So, I was looking at a product that had three reviews. The first two reviews were not about the product but how inadequately the host was presenting it. The other review was from someone who didn't receive the product yet. I took issue with the negativity portrayed of the host, so I wrote a review, I was above board I didn't have the item but couldn't let it stand about the comments of the host ( I also stated how can you review something you don't have). So I get an email from QVC stating my review was rejected, standing up for a host is a no, but being unkind to them is okay. 

@Jordan2 I agree with you.  They did not permit your review, but it sounds like the others should not have been posted either.

It clearly states reviews, not comments.  I see a lot of comments when people answer in the question section on the product page.  That is a better place for comments. 

My experience has been similar to yours: people writing a review for an item they did not purchase, people writing a "review" complaining that the pants are not available in tall, or an item needs to be restocked, or will they make the item in different color, etc...  I do not know why these are allowed to be posted.  By the way, these "non-reviews" are always one star and bring down the average!  I have also seen people post a 5 star review and write they are doing so (whether or not they have the item) to balance out the 1 star reviews from people who do not have the item.

Like you, I wish the PTB would look at the review process.  I always read them prior to purchasing and sort from low to high.  Then I decide if the negative reviews are important to me.  If it is clothing and the review says the fabric is scratchy, or pills or colors run--I am out.  If it is an electonic product and it does not work--nope!  The reviews are most important to me for clothing.  I want to know if it runs true to size, should I size up or down, does it shrink? 

So, for me the reviews matter.  QVC should look into making them more viable.

Gloria 

Esteemed Contributor

I don't get any requests from QVC to fill out a review. Could be because I have ordered nothing since 2001-2002. But I do get many email requests from amazon where I make most of my purchases.

Some requests specifically state this is not a review of the product. They are looking at the 3rd party vendor. Nothing to do with the item purchased.

When I read a review, I read a review, all of it. Some reviews on amazon are about the vendor/price/delivery, but not the item. Had I not read it completely?  

My reviews are written about the item, unless otherwise stated. With my occasional purchase from HSN, it has nothing to do with the Host hawking sales. It has everything to do with the item, and what those that have used it have say in their reviews.

The personality or sales method they choose means nothing to me. I buy the item because it appears to fill my needs.

I also do not put anything in any review, when I have not bought and used the item. Makes no sense for me to read what someone thinks of a Host, or Salesperson from the company. I am not spending my money on either of them. My money is spent only the item I purchased.

hckynut 🇺🇸

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

Two wrongs don't make a right, as my mom would say. Those two reviews were not product reviews but your comment was arguing for the sake of arguing. Posters have been posting reviews for things they don't own for 20 years. Qvc knows that, everyone knows that.  

Respected Contributor

This is a perfect example of why reviews must be read, rather than just looking at the number of stars given. I can't tell you how many I've accessed, only to find that reviewers complained about everything other than the product in what was supposed to be a product review.

BTW, the OP did the same thing by griping about someone else's inappropriate use of the product review feature, and most likely giving unwarranted stars (because you must give at least one) to a product she didn't even purchase.

What worries you masters you.
Valued Contributor
Keep marking the comments as unhelpful and that should get them removed.
Honored Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

Two wrongs don't make a right, as my mom would say. Those two reviews were not product reviews but your comment was arguing for the sake of arguing. Posters have been posting reviews for things they don't own for 20 years. Qvc knows that, everyone knows that.  

@chrystaltree I don't mind so much reviews of products they don't have, I do take issue with nasty negative comments about the host, the review is not the place for it ( there is no place for bashing hosts). I just saw another review that had nothing to do with the product and commented negatively on the host. 

Honored Contributor

@liliblu wrote:
Keep marking the comments as unhelpful and that should get them removed.

Trust me, it doesn't.  (You can see "reviews" with as many as 30 or more unhelpful votes and they're still there.)  Report a non-review and it's still there.

Like I've said, QVC does nothing about it.  And it's a shame because it brings the overall rating for a product down unfairly.

Honored Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

And those two wrongs don't make it right either.