Occasional Visitor

Rick Domeier and past acting career

I was channel surfing tonight and I came to the scary movie "Evil Dead 2"--I couldn't believe it when in the movie out of a car jumps Rick Domeier and his acting is pretty good. This movie is from 1987, but he looks almost the same. Pretty sure this movie and the original have quite a fan following, but I will probably be too chicken to watch the whole film to see what happens to Rick's character.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Rick Domeier and past acting career

[ Edited ]

@sugarwahine10 wrote:

I was channel surfing tonight and I came to the scary movie "Evil Dead 2"--I couldn't believe it when in the movie out of a car jumps Rick Domeier and his acting is pretty good. This movie is from 1987, but he looks almost the same. Pretty sure this movie and the original have quite a fan following, but I will probably be too chicken to watch the whole film to see what happens to Rick's character.

Oh, watch!  It's so kitschy in it's own way.  Supposed to be scary, but not really.  I agree that Rick is a good actor and hasn't changed much.

ETA:  I just did a search and found it and now I'm watching it.  It is scarier than I remember.  It plays again on December 24th on the CHILL channel from 10:30AM til 12:30PM.

Trusted Contributor

He was also on the young & the restless soap. He played Paul Williams best friend. I don't remember the characters name though. ( this was when Paul was living at home with his parents, yes my mom used to watch, so I've watched from pretty much the beginning)
Honored Contributor

here is his imdb page with all of his acting credits.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0231353/

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

I guess you could say he is still acting, in a way.

Respected Contributor

Here is his listing at IMDB.

Rick Domeier

Respected Contributor

Agree that hosts are actors to certain extent. Think he played same role on YR that Steven Ford played at one time.
Honored Contributor

I think there was a movie about Roseann (Barr).  Her life story or something like it and I remember there was a scene in a diner/restaurant that he was in.

Honored Contributor

I've always thought that Rick D. would be a fabulous live stage actor.  He has that 'bigger than life' type of personality, and he has a very expressive demeanor.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Respected Contributor

Fun to see people we recognize from QVC.  Once saw Dave King in an episode of Law & Order, though I can't remember if it was that series or the SVU series.  Bob Mackey's in a scene of Tales of the City.