Honored Contributor

One good thing about his hospitalization is that he was under the care of, and evaluated by, medical professionals, and I'm sure many lab tests, and even brain scans, were done, so the "kept prisoner" and "those with special interests" accusations would have been able to be observed. Also, his reaction to and interaction with those people. If he was afraid of, or didn't like, his caregivers, it would have been seen. Rather than seeming like they don't care about him, admitting him to the hospital indicates that they do care.

I have a feeling (and it's just that, only a feeling) that Richard knows he has (mental stability) issues, and that he has trusted his caregivers to do the right thing if/when he can't. He may also be agoraphobic, for all we know.

It's simpler to think sinister things may be going on, but in reality he could have just been falling more deeply into mental illness that it was in his best interest that fans not see. 

He's always appeared off-the-wall, so it's not a stretch for me to believed that Humpty Dumpty fell off the wall.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

@Moonchilde wrote:

One good thing about his hospitalization is that he was under the care of, and evaluated by, medical professionals, and I'm sure many lab tests, and even brain scans, were done, so the "kept prisoner" and "those with special interests" accusations would have been able to be observed. Also, his reaction to and interaction with those people. If he was afraid of, or didn't like, his caregivers, it would have been seen. Rather than seeming like they don't care about him, admitting him to the hospital indicates that they do care.

I have a feeling (and it's just that, only a feeling) that Richard knows he has (mental stability) issues, and that he has trusted his caregivers to do the right thing if/when he can't. He may also be agoraphobic, for all we know.

It's simpler to think sinister things may be going on, but in reality he could have just been falling more deeply into mental illness that it was in his best interest that fans not see. 

He's always appeared off-the-wall, so it's not a stretch for me to believed that Humpty Dumpty fell off the wall.

How could he fall off the wall he has always been off of?  

Esteemed Contributor

I still have some Dancing to the Oldies CDs.  Love them.  He did seem tearful the last time I saw him on TV.  How long ago was he last on the Q?

Honored Contributor

Just read that RS states he was suffering from dehydration.  When my mother was ill and dehydrated, we could tell her behavior was "off" in various ways. electrolyte imbalance can do weird things to the brain.

More than ordinary dehydration can cause irritability, disorientation, and delirium. 

Whatever's going on might be more, but it's perfectly possible it might be just what he said it was.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it is a repost

Honored Contributor

I have never been a fan but you have to be impressed that he kept the weight off for decades unlike so many other  fitness experts and/or celebrities.  He does have a great many fans.  I hope he gets well soon.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@RainCityWoman wrote:

I can relate. I've been dealing with a knee problem ever since I tore the minuscus 15 years ago. Now I'm bone on bone, but I am fighting having surgery.

@RainCityWoman  Why?  I replaced two bone on bone knees and two bad hips.....I am pain free and walking Three miles a day! I feel like a new person no longer miserable in my pain. Do not put off having this life giving surgery if you need it. Life is too short not to enjoy your life without unnecessary pain.

@RainCityWoman, I am a huge chicken but have had both knees done.  Do your research on the surgeon and just go for it.  I recommend Evergreen Hospital but you have good facilities on your side of the lake.  

Respected Contributor

@Plaid Pants2 wrote:

I wouldn't be surprised if he is bi-polar.

Agree.  I just hope he has family or friends who will get him the medical help he needs.  Bipolar is sometimes hard to diagnose.  He really needs help ASAP before it is too late!!!

Respected Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

I think alot of people need prayers,not just the rich and famous.

Well, this "rich and famous" person has helped thousands of people during his lifetime.  He does need help right away.  I hope someone that loves him sees that he gets it fast!!!

Respected Contributor

@hsawaknow wrote:

@Plaid Pants2 wrote:

I wouldn't be surprised if he is bi-polar.

No offense, but bi-polar isnt a term to use lightly. They confused me as being bi-polar but couldnt seem to decide if it was I or II and the medication really messed me up. It turns out I just have clinical depression with anxiety.

That's why he needs evaluation right away!!!  So sorry you had to go through all that just to get the correct diagnosis!