Respected Contributor

Oh Richard Simmons, always bit edgy, odd and unique! But, throughout the years he inspired so many and I seriously think he is one of those people who REALLY care.

So for you Richard, sending love and hope your way, please get back to your uplifting and effervescent self very soon!

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Honored Contributor

I think alot of people need prayers,not just the rich and famous.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

Thank you so much, @HappyDaze.  I'm at the wait and see stage still.  At my fitness center, one of the instructors asked me why I was waiting and I told her that I didn't think my limitations were that bad yet and she said that one can wait too long, lol.  Well, that may be true but I think I'll know why bad is too bad.  My real problem is stairs...I have no problem/pain walking.  Oh, sometimes getting out of a chair is a little painful if it's a low chair.  I avoid getting on the floor because it's difficult getting up.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

@Mmsfoxxie wrote:

Thank you so much, @HappyDaze.  I'm at the wait and see stage still.  At my fitness center, one of the instructors asked me why I was waiting and I told her that I didn't think my limitations were that bad yet and she said that one can wait too long, lol.  Well, that may be true but I think I'll know why bad is too bad.  My real problem is stairs...I have no problem/pain walking.  Oh, sometimes getting out of a chair is a little painful if it's a low chair.  I avoid getting on the floor because it's difficult getting up.

@Mmsfoxxie you are welcome but I must say, waiting is only delaying the inevitable. It isn't like they are going to get better the longer you wait, in fact, as you know, it will only get worse. And sometimes waiting until it gets worse presents more issues for them to try to fix during surgery and can cause even longer recovery time and less chance of a complete success. I urge you to not delay too much longer. Surgery is always scary but it sounds like you are healthy and fit otherwise and the surgery and recovery will go alot smoother because of those facts. Good luck to you!!

Honored Contributor

Waiting to have knee surgery after they are bone on bone inevitably causes hip and back problems. Your skeleton is all connected.

Honored Contributor

I always like Richard Simmons. He lost a lot of people in his life over the years that he helped to lose weight. I remember one especially that he tried to help. This person lost the weight and regained it only to lose his life shortly after.

I am sure it cannot be easy for Richard to continue trying to eat healthy. I really believe that if you have a weight problem any time in your life....you will always have to "watch" your food intake. Life's stresses can just jump start going back to old ways. I hope in Richard's case this isn't the case and he is just taking a break from the public eye.

My heart goes out to him and I hope that whatever is troubling him, he can find peace very soon.

Respected Contributor

@Plaid Pants2 wrote:

I wouldn't be surprised if he is bi-polar.

No offense, but bi-polar isnt a term to use lightly. They confused me as being bi-polar but couldnt seem to decide if it was I or II and the medication really messed me up. It turns out I just have clinical depression with anxiety.

Sleep sweet Bo 3/19/08 8/4/18
Super Contributor

I read a few weeks back that he's being held hostage by one of his staff in his own home. This person is not letting him have any outside contact. But who knows if that's true or not, or a partial truth. But whatever is going on with him, he's not in a good place in his life right now. Smiley Sad I wish him well.

Honored Contributor

I just saw a new report out about Richard Simmons.  He's been released from the hospital.

The report also contains a short audio interview with him:

http://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/celebrity/richard-simmons-released-from-the-hospital-report/ar-BBtTbUW?o...

Respected Contributor

He's given me inspiration for a long time.  Many years ago, I wrote to him and received a letter in reply.  I hope he's ok.