Esteemed Contributor

I read he's been hospitalized due to "bizarre behavior."

Honestly, the last few times I've seen him on TV it was downright embarassing to watch.

Esteemed Contributor

I can relate. I've been dealing with a knee problem ever since I tore the minuscus 15 years ago. Now I'm bone on bone, but I am fighting having surgery.

Honored Contributor

@RainCityWoman wrote:

I can relate. I've been dealing with a knee problem ever since I tore the minuscus 15 years ago. Now I'm bone on bone, but I am fighting having surgery.

A torn meniscus and bone on bone - why on earth would you fight having surgery? I'd be begging for someone to give me a new pain free knee.

Honored Contributor

@RainCityWoman wrote:

@RainCityWoman  Why?  I replaced two bone on bone knees and two bad hips.....I am pain free and walking Three miles a day! I feel like a new person no longer miserable in my pain. Do not put off having this life giving surgery if you need it. Life is too short not to enjoy your life without unnecessary pain.

Respected Contributor

Richard has always seemed to be a "hyper" type of person. Apparently, he is going through a tough time right now. I'll keep him in my prayers.

A kind gesture can reach a wound that only compassion can heal. ~~ Steve Maraboli
Esteemed Contributor

I wouldn't be surprised if he is bi-polar.

Honored Contributor

http://www.tmz.com/2016/06/05/richard-simmons-released-hospital/#disqus_thread

Richard was released from the hospital, It didn't say what  caused the behavior. They ruled out a stroke.

Trusted Contributor

@RainCityWoman wrote:

@RainCityWoman, don't be afraid of your knee replacement. I had a TKR one month ago and today, I declare myself healed. I had waited 15 yrs.   What a mistake.  The first week you are a patient because you still have the effects of the surgery and are on drugs. Second week you still need help, rest, meds, etc. but can do normal things like walk, go out to a restaurant, a few errands, just can't do it all day for sure. Then it just gets better. Now, a month out, I can walk well and go out and do normal things. I still get achy and tired. I was gone yesterday going to an event more than 100 miles away and dinner at my daighter's. I was gone about 10 hrs. And was very tired.  Still, not bad.

i urge you to get your knee done. Get as healthy and strong as you can before the surgery. Best wishes to you.

Honored Contributor

@debcakes wrote:

@RainCityWoman wrote:

@RainCityWoman, don't be afraid of your knee replacement. I had a TKR one month ago and today, I declare myself healed. I had waited 15 yrs.   What a mistake.  The first week you are a patient because you still have the effects of the surgery and are on drugs. Second week you still need help, rest, meds, etc. but can do normal things like walk, go out to a restaurant, a few errands, just can't do it all day for sure. Then it just gets better. Now, a month out, I can walk well and go out and do normal things. I still get achy and tired. I was gone yesterday going to an event more than 100 miles away and dinner at my daighter's. I was gone about 10 hrs. And was very tired.  Still, not bad.

i urge you to get your knee done. Get as healthy and strong as you can before the surgery. Best wishes to you.

@debcakes, glad you're on the mend but I'm wondering why you're so tired a month after surgey of your knee?  Is that the body recoverying?  May I ask your age?  I have almost bone to bone on one knee and the other one seems to be almost as bad.  Thanks.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

Re: Richard Simmons

[ Edited ]

@Mmsfoxxie wrote:

@debcakes wrote:

@RainCityWoman wrote:

@debcakes, glad you're on the mend but I'm wondering why you're so tired a month after surgey of your knee?  Is that the body recoverying?  May I ask your age?  I have almost bone to bone on one knee and the other one seems to be almost as bad.  Thanks.

@Mmsfoxxie not debcakes but any major surgery can cause you to be tired even up to several months afterwards for a variety of reasons. It is certainly normal for one to tire fairly easily only a month after a mjaor surgery.

ETA: wanted to mention, the key is to listen to your body and not push it. If you are feeilng tired, rest. Being tired is your body's way of telling you to slow down, rest as you are doing too much. Your body needs alot of time to completely heal. So many times our scars heal much faster than our insides (which we can't see!) and so it is easy for us to forget that we are still healing!