Honored Contributor

Re: Richard Gere, 68 yrs., and His Wife Expecting A Baby

[ Edited ]

Officer and Gentleman is what put him on the map!! I do think he was nominated for an Oscar. He also made several good ones with Diane Lane.

Honored Contributor

He almost turned down doing Pretty Woman, big mistake, huge!!

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

Tony Randall loved his first wife very much (from what I've read) but they never had children.   He was so happy when he remarried at a ripe old age and his new wife had two children.  I was happy for him - he always seemed like a nice man and he had a lot of joy in his later life which so many people don't.

Tony Randall came into my mind too, he was married for 50 years, no kids, then suddenly his wife passed away, and he found love again, much younger love. Sadly, his kids really did not get the chance to know him.

Esteemed Contributor

Speaking of Richard Gere movies, he also starred in Hachi-A Dog's Tale.

Although I have not yet watched it because it is so sad, I have heard

that it was a very good movie.

Honored Contributor

@threecees wrote:

Speaking of Richard Gere movies, he also starred in Hachi-A Dog's Tale.

Although I have not yet watched it because it is so sad, I have heard

that it was a very good movie.

It was excellent, and based on a true story.

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@Sooner wrote:

Nobody thinks about the child.  The child is probaby generations younger than any cousin.  The child if an only child will grow up lonely, with out much family, and perhaps taking care of or worrying about very elderly parent that they possibly never really knew when they were VERY young.  The child probably will grow up without family except ancient relatives, so the child grows up in an adult world.  

Your 73 year old dad takes you to kindegarten.  Your 85 year old dad goes to gaduation.  High school.  Really? What on earth are these people thinking.  

Rich?  Money can't fix everything.  May wind up a millionaire when they are 8 with very little protection for their health, happiness and fortune.

Little guidance and love.  And don't talk to me about accidents when we're talking about probability here.  And forethought (or lack of). 

@Sooner  That's a lot of "mights" and supposition.  Even with your pessimistic scenario, IMO it's better than not being born at all!

That's real easy to say.  You haven't been alone, haven't carried all the burdens, and haven't experienced it.  Remember all those threads from people dealing with elderly parents?  All the anguish, the responsibility and the fact that so much of it you can't do anything about?  Well, try that at 20 or 30 years old.  Try starting out in life with that on you back.  

I'm just saying people don't worry about what they will be putting on that kid.  Have your kids when you are younger.  You owe it to them. 

Honored Contributor

I remember when Kathie Lee Gifford was pregnant the first time (37). They asked her about Frank's being so much older (60). She said something like if anything happened to Frank she had a good strong support system around her with strong male guidance. He lived until their children together were in their 20's.

Zach Mayo from An Officer and a Gentleman? That ending - wow! I'm glad he's found the happiness he has been looking for!  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@alliswell

Thank you for these pixs.

hn

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

So how old is Silvia?
Respected Contributor

Cindy Crawford has health issues in her family. Maybe that frightened him, it would me.