Honored Contributor

Re: Richard Gere, 68 yrs., and His Wife Expecting A Baby

Nobody thinks about the child.  The child is probaby generations younger than any cousin.  The child if an only child will grow up lonely, with out much family, and perhaps taking care of or worrying about very elderly parent that they possibly never really knew when they were VERY young.  The child probably will grow up without family except ancient relatives, so the child grows up in an adult world.  

Your 73 year old dad takes you to kindegarten.  Your 85 year old dad goes to gaduation.  High school.  Really? What on earth are these people thinking.  

Rich?  Money can't fix everything.  May wind up a millionaire when they are 8 with very little protection for their health, happiness and fortune.

Little guidance and love.  And don't talk to me about accidents when we're talking about probability here.  And forethought (or lack of). 

Trusted Contributor

I think its fabulous.  CONGRATS TO THEM !

Honored Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

Nobody thinks about the child.  The child is probaby generations younger than any cousin.  The child if an only child will grow up lonely, with out much family, and perhaps taking care of or worrying about very elderly parent that they possibly never really knew when they were VERY young.  The child probably will grow up without family except ancient relatives, so the child grows up in an adult world.  

Your 73 year old dad takes you to kindegarten.  Your 85 year old dad goes to gaduation.  High school.  Really? What on earth are these people thinking.  

Rich?  Money can't fix everything.  May wind up a millionaire when they are 8 with very little protection for their health, happiness and fortune.

Little guidance and love.  And don't talk to me about accidents when we're talking about probability here.  And forethought (or lack of). 

@Sooner  That's a lot of "mights" and supposition.  Even with your pessimistic scenario, IMO it's better than not being born at all!

Honored Contributor

Good for them!  Happy news.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Pearlee

Heard his name, but can't place the face. Got any movies or TV shows he was/is on?

ETA- I am 79 and the only kids I have ever had have 4 legs and lots of fur? Any comments will be appreciated since it seems like there are several ways those here are responding to this title.

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@hckynut Here's a Richard Gere photo from his younger days:

Image result for richard gere photos pretty woman

From Pretty Woman:

Related image

Honored Contributor

I just watched him as a very young actor in American Gigolo today. I never thought he was that great as an actor and never cared for his look. AG was terrible, acting sucked all around. I'm glad he's happy in his senior years and looking forward to a new baby.

Esteemed Contributor

He is older but there are many celebrity fathers and mothers these days still

having kids.

How about Bridgette Nielsen at 55 becoming a mom.

Congrats to Richard and Alejandra.Smiley Wink

Honored Contributor

She's 35 to the poster who asked.

Honored Contributor

@hckynut  An Officer and a Gentleman, Pretty Woman, Autumn in NY, 

I suggest you go to to the internet movie data base web site  www.imdb.com and put Richard Gere into the search function and you can click to see a list of everything he has ever been in.