Honored Contributor

Richard Gere, 68 yrs., and His Wife Expecting A Baby

From Yahoo News:  "Richard Gere and wife Alejandra Silva are going to be parents. Spanish outlet ABC reports that the couple is expecting their first child together. Gere’s rep told Page Six he could not confirm the news at this time. This will be Gere’s second child. He and ex-wife Carey Lowell share an 18-old-son together. Silva has a 5-year-old son from her previous marriage."

I remember reading when he and first wife Cindy Crawford broke up that a major reason for their divorce was that she wanted children and he didn't.  I was surprised when he had his son Homer with Carey Lowell, because I had the Cindy Crawford articles I'd read in mind.  May Alejandra have a happy and healthy baby.   I'm only a couple of years younger than Gere and I just can't imagine....! 

Honored Contributor

Re: Richard Gere, 68 yrs., and His Wife Expecting A Baby

Gere will be 69 in a few weeks.

Honored Contributor

Blessings for a healthy baby!

Respected Contributor

i'm glad that wife alejandra is young enough, that she will have the opportunity to enjoy and support her baby if richard cannot.

Honored Contributor

@Shelbelle wrote:

Which means he's 68 now as the title states!  LOL Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@kittyloo wrote:

i'm glad that wife alejandra is young enough, that she will have the opportunity to enjoy and support her baby if richard cannot.

Richard's net worth is $120 million.  I do not believe "support" will be an issue.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@Shelbelle wrote:

Hmmmm....there seems to be age discrepancies in reporting.  I just saw this now, also on Yahoo news in a different story!

"Pretty Woman" star Richard Gere is reportedly set to become a dad once again with his new wife, Alejandra Silva, just weeks before his 70th birthday."

Whatever.   The point is....he'll be an older dad, that's for sure! And again, as a contemporary of his, I just can't imagine it!

Honored Contributor

IMG_0631.JPG

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Respected Contributor

They will have plenty of staff to do all the work involved with a newborn.  Billy Joel and his third wife recently had a baby.  They also have a toddler. Billy Joel is in that age bracket too.  Again, I'm sure they have the best staff money can buy.  It's the lives of "the rich and famous."  It's an entire world away from the way I have always lived.  It's different.  I'm not saying it's inherently bad, just different.

Respected Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

@Shelbelle wrote:

Hmmmm....there seems to be age discrepancies in reporting.  I just saw this now, also on Yahoo news in a different story!

"Pretty Woman" star Richard Gere is reportedly set to become a dad once again with his new wife, Alejandra Silva, just weeks before his 70th birthday."

Whatever.   The point is....he'll be an older dad, that's for sure! And again, as a contemporary of his, I just can't imagine it!

He’ll be 69 on 8/31/18. Even if she just got pregnant yesterday, “weeks before his 70th birthday” seems rather dramatic, given it will be 12+ weeks...