Respected Contributor

Brown rice has been so hard to find! I like brown Jasmine and sometimes can't get even plain brown rice or plain Jasmine rice.

Honored Contributor

@NicksmomESQ wrote:

I try to order deliveries because DH gets very upset when I want to go to the stores.  I have groceries delivered from Stop & Shop through Peapod & from Costco & Keyfood through Instacart.What one doesn't have the others usually do.Although some items are more difficult to get across the board. Like paper goods .I got lucky & was able to order toilet paper through Boxed.com.

I try to book a delivery at least once a week.It's difficult because delivery times book up pretty fast.Sometimes I get up in the middle of the night to reserve a delivery time.

Gee, I remember the days when I could walk into a supermarket & get anything I want .I will never take that stuff for granted again.

@NicksmomESQ, I woke up at 5:30 this morning. I wanted to start stalking delivery times.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

After hearing about chicken and meat processing plants having to close, I've stocked my freezer for a few months. I eat protein every night. That's a lot of chicken, meat and fish! I'm waiting to hear that the fisherman are infected and there goes my twice a week salmon!!

Honored Contributor

I use the Walmart pick up service and for the first time in weeks they have TP on the list of items you can order.  In fact, you have a choice of Northern or Great Value, both 12- packs.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Valued Contributor

According to a co-worker who moonlights at Target, many people are still hoarding - hence the scarcity of some products. Sadly by the time I get off work @ 4, the shelves are picked clean of many things I want.

Honored Contributor

Don't see why rice is so popular. Our stores have enough, but I can tell it is a popular product. I only use it when we have Spanish Rice and as a side with pork chops. To me, rice has virtually no flavor.

Respected Contributor

I went to Kroeger this morning.  They actually had Quilted Northern TP on the shelf, not many but some.  I saw three  boxes of Bisquick which has been scarce.  Still can't find yeast or powdered milk.  That's ok because there's an abundance of bread stuff.  Found Clorox wipes at Sams Club this past Sunday.  Home Depot has lots of Clorox kitchen spray cleaner and TP.  Kroeger had Vicks thermometers.  Stuff is starting to show up on the shelves again.

Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

I felt like I'd won the lottery when a pharmacy clerk at Walgreen's asked if I'd like to add a bottle of Purell to my purchase.

OMG!!! Purell is like gold these days!  LOL

Honored Contributor

Our stores have rice, but I am not a fan. It tastes like nothing to me. I do have some brown rice in the pantry that I sometimes have with pork chops.

Super Contributor

Still no rice in OKC area.  It's like rice totally disappeared forever.  I've been just using potatoes.  I did find rice-a Roni. Last week.  We thought we hit the lottery!