Super Contributor

Re: Ric Ocasek Cut Paulina P. Out Of His Will

Why get in disagreement about this? As someone mentioned sounds like "revenge from the grave." Things happen in relationships that we don't know anything about. 

Honored Contributor

@happycat wrote:

Does that seem right, that he had so little money?

What does "copyrights" even mean?

His music is worth money. He holds the rights to the music. 

Honored Contributor

@sidsmom wrote:

It's being reported that Trusts were set up before his death

so the majority of his net worth would already be distributed.

Thats a really smart move on his part.

It amazes me how many people have posted about how little money he had after you posted this @sidsmom . Thanks for straightening that out, Sidsmom.

I hardly come to the Q forum anymore because so many people here want to be heard but they don't read other' people's posts and learn from them. So misinformation gets repeated over and over.

Also about them being divorced or estranged or her deserting him or whatever. None of it true.  I guess they just want to have their say and not read others'.

At the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame it was obvious they're close and her announcement of their split after that was short and sweet and I remember thinking, every split should be this amicable. 

And yes they continued living together in the townhouse they owned together; someone said he didn't own his apartment, anoher thing not true.

I learned about the trusts from you, thanks, and yes that's how it's often done.

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@GenXmuse wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

@GenXmuse wrote:

I guess I'm not sure why this is an issue. They were divorcing. Didn't they file paperwork before his death?  

@GenXmuse  I don't know why you would think merely filing papers makes something final.   People can change their minds after "filing the paperwork."  They weren't divorced, she was still legally his wife.   Filing paperwork is not the same as a court order saying a divorce has occurred.

I can think what I want and it's his will to do with what he wants final or not. I don't know why you don't understand that since it's not even your estate or money. 

@GenXmuse   Of course you can think what you want!  And you are perfectly entitled to be wrong.  Filing papers is not a final court action.  I think that's obvious when you think that people can change their minds after a filing.  People can file anything.  A person can file a frivlous lawsuit that has no merit, but it's filed.  That doesn't mean that person wins the lawsuit in court.  Filing paperwork does not equal a court order.  But yes, certainly go ahead and think what you want to.  Woman LOL

well, thanks, boomer. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@GenXmuse wrote:

I guess I'm not sure why this is an issue. They were divorcing. Didn't they file paperwork before his death?  

@GenXmuse, unless the divorce was final and a final divorce decree filed, they would still be married, even if they filed the divorce proceedings prior to his death.  Normally to a Probate Court, you are either married or you aren't. They don't take into consideration the fact that a divorce was filed.

Honored Contributor

I greatly prefer to be a wise boomer than a not-very-wise GenXer.