Respected Contributor

Re: Ric Ocasek Cut Paulina P. Out Of His Will

My Mother's husband left her $1.oo. "Not for lack of love or affection..."

He died & she could live in their house, but if she moved it was to be sold & she got 1/2.

He left his 1/2 to his ex wife, the neighbor, the college he went to & the church.

We donated his books about his atheism to the library.

People are weird.

Honored Contributor

They weren't married when he died, right? If they were divorced, not sure why she'd be in his will. 

Respected Contributor

Very sad that this romantic marriage  (rock star/model) ended in pending divorce and untimely death.

However, people are not perfect, nor are relationships. Also, there is a lot of pressure when one is always in the public eye. 

At least they were all together for the Cars' Rock & Roll Hall of Fame induction.

I am sure she will be fine financially, but it is sad to read about all of your family drama in the media.

Esteemed Contributor

We hear it all the time that love hurts. But it's the lack of love that hurts. Sad story.

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Honored Contributor

@GenXmuse  They WERE legally still married, in the process of divorcing but it was not final. This was in the article posted here.

I'm 71 and remember them both but never really paid much attention.

Honored Contributor

He specifically states that even if they aren't divorced, she isn't to get anything from him.  Maybe a pre nup was in place.  If he says she abandoned him, then he felt she did abandon him.

That isn't a lot of money to have on hand. 

Not sure how the *copyrights* can be delved into, sell the copyrights to cash in?  Or is money divvied out over time?  

I guess he leased his NYC apartment?  What a shame!  All that *rent* down the drain.  I don't get that.

Honored Contributor

Has anyone else except PageSix reported on this?

I would think if all this is 'open' information, why aren't

more news outlets talking about it?  

They all refer back to the PageSix story. Weird. 

Honored Contributor

@ahoymate wrote:

Sounds like revenge from the grave. He died in a hotel by himself which I thought didn't sound like the relationship was all that close. Oh, well, so be it.

Totally fake news.  He did in their home where he lived with Paulina and their kids were there.  He died in his sleep.  She brought him a cup of coffee as she did every morning and found him dead. 

Honored Contributor

@LoriLori wrote:

@ahoymate wrote:

Sounds like revenge from the grave. He died in a hotel by himself which I thought didn't sound like the relationship was all that close. Oh, well, so be it.

Totally fake news.  He did in their home where he lived with Paulina and their kids were there.  He died in his sleep.  She brought him a cup of coffee as she did every morning and found him dead. 

@LoriLori 

ITA.

Don't know how someone can get it SO wrong.

Never have I read where he was NOT in his townhome...

and Paulina discovered him.

Where do they read/hear this? There's no nefarious motivation

to report anything other than the truth...so it's just sloppy reporting.

It's one thing to read/hear sloppy reporting.

It's a totally different thing to a truly believe it.

Super Contributor

I may be in the minority here but I'm more shocked at how little money/assets he has left rather than him cutting Paulina out of his will.  He must have been a huge spender as The Cars have been around for a long time.  Just amazes me.