Super Contributor

Re: Revealing your baby's gender with a cake

I honestly can't imagine extended family caring a whit whether it's a boy or girl enough to be involved in so much drama about it. Immediate family, yes, maybe. But if that's what the couple want to do, good for them!

When did people become so obsessed with their personal lives that they actually think everyone around them care as much about it, too?

Honored Contributor

On 6/17/2014 ive been framed said:

I honestly can't imagine extended family caring a whit whether it's a boy or girl enough to be involved in so much drama about it. Immediate family, yes, maybe. But if that's what the couple want to do, good for them!

When did people become so obsessed with their personal lives that they actually think everyone around them care as much about it, too?

When it became the me,me,me generations. I guess we had to just settle for showing off all the pictures that we took everyday of our kids. I know for a fact that the friends and strangers I showed them to loved every one of them as much as I did. LOL

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Frequent Contributor

I remember seeing a video on line about a mom and dad who had 2 daughters and a son. The mom baked a cake and ask the son to cut it. The inside was pink and the little boy cried and cried, saying he didnt want another girl. I never saw a kid cry so hard.

Honored Contributor

I've heard of an assortment of ways for couples to reveal the gender of their expected child. Some are very creative. I'm old-fashioned, though, and think it should be a surprise in the delivery room.

Respected Contributor

I was perfectly content to let the doctor be the only one before me (not a bunch of clerks at Wegmans) to know the six of our kids.

I think it's nuts.

What worries you masters you.
Honored Contributor

On 6/17/2014 heartkeeper said:
On 6/16/2014 lolakimono said:

No- it was Father's day, so they were supposed to bring a dessert to the get together. Since the family was already gathered, they figured they would do it this way.

They did the same thing for her side of the family. {#emotions_dlg.confused1}

Why are you confused about this? I don't see anything confusing about it. It was a cute way to tell family members the gender of their baby.

I'm not "confused"; I think it's strange to reveal it twice with two different cakes. His parents were in attendance and they already knew from the first "reveal." I thought the reason they brought a cake is because we had about 60 people attending the Father's Day get together.

Esteemed Contributor

On 6/17/2014 Sooner said:

Cute ideas, but gosh everyone wants to live a reality tv life and make drama out of everything today. People must be exhausted planning and carrying out these things and the audiences worn out from attending such events. . . everything is drama now. {#emotions_dlg.crying}

Isn't that the truth??!! Everything is a big deal now as if no one was ever pregnant before this generation or had a baby. It seems that these days its all about ME ME ME, I AM SO SPECIAL!! Good grief!

Trusted Contributor

I was just at a "gender reveal" party last month. It was really nice, a little bbq and the desert told us it was going to be a boy!

Esteemed Contributor

I heard its the trend. If I was young and pregnant again I would never want to know if I was having a boy or girl ahead of time. Id want it to be a surprise and also I never understand why people wish for one MORE than the other (boy over girl or girl over boy). They should be glad if their baby is healthy IMO.

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles
Honored Contributor

I loved being surprised at the births of my children and I asked not to know the gender of our first grandchild.

I love the surprise and wouldn't want to know.