Honored Contributor

Re: Revealing your baby's gender with a cake

I've never been to a gender reveal party.

I think we were one of the very few who waited until the actual birth to find out what they were - LOL

If that's what people want to do, that's fine.

Super Contributor

Our friends son and DIL had a cake reveal party. They were really excited! Good for them.

For us, we didn't want to know until the baby was born (for our first child), then with the twins and ultrasounds every other week.. that was a different story, they could see clearly what we were having and we decided to find out before they were born.

Super Contributor

As long as someone gives me a piece of cake it's all good with me.

Honored Contributor

On 6/17/2014 Georgie the 5th said:

As long as someone gives me a piece of cake it's all good with me.

lol

Regular Contributor

On 6/16/2014 lolakimono said:

No- it was Father's day, so they were supposed to bring a dessert to the get together. Since the family was already gathered, they figured they would do it this way.

They did the same thing for her side of the family. {#emotions_dlg.confused1}

Why are you confused about this? I don't see anything confusing about it. It was a cute way to tell family members the gender of their baby.

Super Contributor

I think it's a cute idea, then even the expecting parents get to be surprised along with everyone else at the party.

Esteemed Contributor

Yesterday, I noticed somebody had pinned a bunch of different ideas for the reveal on Pinterest. While I am very happy for the upcoming birth of any baby, this just seems a bit over the top to me.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Trusted Contributor

The parents did not know the gender? The baker is the one that opened the sealed envelope with the personal news?

I've heard of gender revealing parties but the parents tell the baker the gender.

Honored Contributor

On 6/17/2014 Jules5280 said:

I think it's a cute idea, then even the expecting parents get to be surprised along with everyone else at the party.

I saw the video of the one my DD held and it was adorable to see the parents faces when the confetti flew out .... then everyone elses.{#emotions_dlg.wub}

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Honored Contributor

On 6/16/2014 Linders Back said:

Call me old-fashioned, but I think you should reveal your baby's gender by actually giving birth to it.

Luckily, no one in my family believes in knowing the gender until the actual birth. There are too few surprises left in life. This should be one of them.

I agree or just keep in between you and spouse, I knew with my 2nd because i wanted to know if I should pick out new stuff or reuse, but I didn't tell anyone.