Honored Contributor

These would be amazon returns taken to local kohls - anybody here done this? I just did my first one. Had to call CS there to make certain they were taking these returns before I drove there.

For those of you who haven't tried this yet - I started my return on amazon, printed out everything I needed to take to kohls so I had the scanner box for CS to scan for my confirm number. CS was rude to me. I politely asked a couple of questions - when will it go back to amazon & she didn't know. "We put them in a bin, when it fills up, they go out" - how she didn't know. The paperwork she gave me had my receipted dropoff number was there and it indicated I'd have my credit back in 24hrs. Another CS kindly said she made her returns to another kohls and indeed had her credit back in 24hrs. I said thank you to her.

Meanwhile the CS who worked with me also just printed off something, stuffed it in my box, left my box on the counter and promptly walked away. This counter was a stand-alone not even at the service desk farther back in the store. My thought - what happens if some shopper in the store walks off with my package. No I didn't stand there until she actually put my box in the bin. Any questions I had she kept referring me to amazon because she did not know anything further about this process. I finally asked her why kohls is involved in this return process to which she said that amazon apparently has owned kohls for 2 years now.

My receipt also gave me a 25% off if I have a kohls charge card but only 15% without. I had no intention of spending any money while there. I left the store still wondering about this process. When I processed the return on amazon I wasn't even offered the choice as to how to return the goods.

Two good take-aways (I suppose), the distance driving to my local USPS vs kohls is about the same, and I should see my credit (without return s/h as for me they usually are) in 24hours.

Here's what I do know - if amazon does not get my return, they charge me again for the goods. This I know to be true.

Have you done this process? What do you think?

Honored Contributor

I'm surprised that Amazon has to actually receive the return back, or else they'll charge you.  I would have thought that Kohl's is acting as their "agent" for returns, so if you have a receipt that you gave it to them, I would think that should be enough.  JMHO.

Honored Contributor

I don't think Kohl's has been bought by Amz, I think we would have heard something about that 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Returns at Kohls

[ Edited ]

@PINKdogWOOD , your return has already been processed with Amazon so it´s not a problem.  I know the returns aren´t picked up daily, only when the bin is filled, similiar to what some posters said about USPS and QVC.

Trusted Contributor

Just the other day was the first time I saw the option to make an AMAZON return at Kohls. I elected NOT to return it there. UPS has always been easy and reliable. Thanks for confirming that decision for me!

Honored Contributor

According to Google, Amazon does not currently own Kohls.  But it sounds like they will at some point.

Honored Contributor

My last two Amazon returns showed I could take them to local UPS store without a box and take the bar code with the item.  I have done that and within a couple of hours I have a confirmation that my refund is in process.   Works for me.

Esteemed Contributor

@Krimpette , just saw it also. It said under the arrangements Amazon can buy Kohl´s shares.

Respected Contributor

some time ago i made a return at kohls.  since then, i have made several returns at UPS store, and it could not have been easier ... plus, my  refund was that same day!  

Valued Contributor

Amazon also uses UPS stores.   I have returned cable boxes through UPS with their AT &T agreement.   UPS does it on the spot so you may want to consider that option if the Kohls process seems unprofessional.