Honored Contributor

Returning using own label to Q (and return shipping fees) ?

[ Edited ]

I've seen posts here where its cheaper to use USPS/FedEx/UPS vs. Q label.  I went to post office today and I have 3 things to return and one box was over $12!   The fee for the others was quite more than the $6.95 return label fee.

I am seriously thinking of just keeping 2 of the items as the return & original shipping costs are $24.90 which is ridiculous. They are the storage bags that the vendor/host said would be perfect for "under the bed" & holiday decorations -- NOT MY BEDS & its really only suited for wrapping paper, etc.

The other is the wreath storage bag.  Its HUGE & if not completely filled it tips over and collapses!!      

The other is pair of Clarks which both vendor/host stated order usual size.  Not only don't they fit BUT they are so tight in the toe box I can't wear them!!!  

You'd think after all the years I've watched Q I'd learn my lesson!!! NOT...but 2018 will be definitely the year I think about purchasing with these ridiculous shipping (return/original) fees that add up quickly!!!

I like if I had to return something to HSN I would get "spendable Kash" wish Q would get something like this ... then again, they wouldn't be making BIG $$$ on people like me!!!

Sometimes I think instead of returning smaller priced items I should just keep and donate or sell at my community yard sale!

But, (sorry this turned into a rant to my STUPIDITY) back to the original ? -- where do I find cheaper rates for shipping.  

Thank you!

Respected Contributor

Re: Retuning using own label to Q (and return shipping fees) ?

@homedecor1It has happened to all of us. I try now to shop where they have free shipping. And I don't order from here any more.

Honored Contributor

@VenturaHighway

I'm usually one who just puts the return label on and be done...but, geez I'm feeling like such a waste of $$$ -- guess I'm trying to be smarter & thriftier in 2018!!! (At least for now!)

Plus, I've not had to return much all at once - these storage bags are really "annoying" me...and unfortunately, they can't fit into one box.  (CS said they will charge me anyway the $6.95 EACH item).

Respected Contributor

I bought some under the bed containers and they didn't fit under the bed. I then found some wood blocks to make your bed higher. I wanted to store some extra blankets that we never use.

Honored Contributor

I go through phases where it seems like I return a lot of things.

I used to pay myself to return things but most of the time it ends up costing me more than the QVC sticker!

I called CS and they said as long as you enclose the labels (i.e. why you are returning, etc) with each item you can return things together as long as they are all things like clothes, etc.

That would save money too.  I don't do that often because I want a record of what I've sent back and it makes it easier for me to keep a record once it's scanned by the post office.

Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66

yes you are right - according to Q CS they can be in SAME box yet they will charge $6.95 return fee (or fee on label) no matter what!

Therefore, I'm still paying for return fees.  

Sadly, I can't justify shopping anymore with Q (or other shopping channels) who don't offer me FREE return shipping.  I did alot of shopping with Macy's, Amazon, Bed Bath & Beyond, etc. over the year and I did not pay 1 cent to return anything if I had to.  They provided PRE-PAID return labels!  

Honestly, I don't buy much I don't intend to keep BUT I'm annoyed when I purchase something and it doesn't meet my expectations & I have to pay to return it.  The return fees ADD UP QUICKLY.

Regular Contributor

Re: Returning using own label to Q (and return shipping fees) ?

I have found that it is less costly for me to take my return packages to the USPS and mail from there.  I save several $$ on most returns.  However, there are times when I can't get to the PO so I use the QVC return label and pay at least $6.95 per item.

I have two items to return quickly and want to use the PO for these, both clothing items (which is usually less money than the provided label).

I was told by CS that if I put several items in the same package, I need to write "contains multiple items" on the outside of the package.  Seems to work for me - no difficulties with the returns.

Honored Contributor

I've returned multiple similar items and have only been charged a return fee one of the items.  That's not accurate that two items in a box is two charges.  That is, unless the rules changed for 2018.

Honored Contributor

@GCR18

I'll let you know as I'm determined to get both into 1 box!  Thank you for clarifying this as I did ask Q CS.

Honored Contributor

@homedecor1  If you purchase shoes or anything on the heavier side, use the QVC label.  THe price of postage has gone up so much that you can end up paying over $10 to return on your own.  I have been shopping at Nordstorm for free shipping and Neiman Marcus (once in a while).  The lady at the post office had the nerve to tell me that the price of stamps did not go up but the parcel post rates sure did.  Cat Mad  Nordstrom has very good sales too and so does NM.

kindness is strength