Honored Contributor

Re: Returning using own label to Q (and return shipping fees) ?

@homedecor1  P.S.    Buy your Clarks at Clarks online when they have sales.  Shipping is free and so are returns.

kindness is strength
Regular Contributor

Just spoke to HSN and they give a 50 percent discount on the second item that you order to the same address. Not great but better than QVC. Keep looking!

Esteemed Contributor

I think it's easier and probably cheaper to just use the Q return label to make a return, especially since my postman will pick up the package at my town home. That said - I'm still paying $7 to look at a product and return it when I don't like it or it won't work. I now only order items from favorite brands. Online shopping has become too easy - yes, it's convenient but I hate to continually return things that I thought would work, but they didn't. If I had just gone to a B&M, I could've looked at it and decided right then and there. I know that's not always convenient, but personally, I need to just get out and drive to my local mall or discount store when I think I might need something. I'm starting to rely less on online shopping just because of the return expense, unless I'm familiar with what I'm buying.

Honored Contributor

@homedecor1 the return policy is at the bottom of the screen.  It says contact us.  Click on customer service, then you'll see returns.  It states you can return multiple items in one box.  Returns go by weight with the return label.  Up to 5lbs is $6.95.  Up to 10lbs is $8.95.  So worse case scenario is your items are over 5lbs and you pay $8.95.  If the box is even weighed.

Honored Contributor

@GCR18

thank you again! Stuffed in one box, put note inside & just wait and see!

Respected Contributor

Reading all the posts here it seems we are all guilty of being dinged on shipping back returns one time or another. 

I am now waiting for my five items that I returned to QVC on December 27th. One item is in process and the other's just show me the date I took it to the post office. I imagine it will be a good 17 day turnaround.

The funny thing here is that I returned 2 smaller items to HSN and my refunds have been processed already. I paid the postage on my own since they were small items. Otherwise it's $7.95 to return. 

The items I shipped back to QVC I used their labels because they were heavier items. I found the $6.95 is cheaper than paying out of my own pocket on the bigger or heavier things like shoes & clothes.

I think part of the lengthy process is that Smart Post middle carrier to get items back to the Q. 

I did buy a lot of items from QVC this Christmas and having to return 5 items wasn't that bad considering everything. 

After reading the posts here I am going to start a new way of shopping, which isn't new at all. I am going to buy locally and then my family can do their own returns. OR better yet, gift cards or cash. 

As I've gotten older the hassle just isn't worth the headache. 

Most items I did return had free shipping to me so it's not as bad as it sounds, but still $6.95 X 5 = $34.75 

That could just about fill my car up with gas. Smiley Sad

Esteemed Contributor

Depending upon the item it may or may not be cheaper to use the QVC return label.  When I am making a return I take the package to the PO with both the Q return label and a blank mailing label with me and ask them how much h it will be to ship.  If more than $6.95 I just stick the Q return label on the package.  If less I write out my own label, stick it on and pay for it myself.  There are no hard and fast rules about one always being cheaper.