Respected Contributor

Re: Returning to Normal Schedule in November?

[ Edited ]

@Suzeecat wrote:

@ms traditional wrote:

@JJsMom wrote:

I wasn't aware they were not doing live shows. How long has this been going on and why?

that's funny. with all the repetitive programming -  josie, ring, breezies, denim & co, etc and reruns on 2 and 3 - i guess it would be hard to tell!  btw  there are several other active threads on this to update you.

Just curious, how can you tell you're watching a pre-recorded show?  Does it say somewhere on the screen, or is it just that you saw the original and recognize that it's a repeat.  I'm not sure if I just switched on the channel that I would know.

@Suzeecat  usually in the upper right hand corner it indicates "live" or "previously recorded."

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'm glad to see so much vociferous unhappiness about this change!  I hope that it continues in multiple threads and every subforum!

Haven't observed a great deal of whining, just some well thought out and well stated analysis and commentary.

And it isn't like there is a great deal of scintillating conversation about any other topic.  

Honored Contributor

Re: Returning to Normal Schedule in November

[ Edited ]

@Johnnyeager wrote:

it's impossible to have a normal, civil conversation in this place.

@Johnnyeager 

Some dont understand if its within the Forum Guidelines its permissible..Don't let the Q "cheer squad" discourage you from posting....I enjoy your posts...and others do too.

Its a bit amusing they demand a kinder gentler forum yet if you dont agree with them, they dont want you to voice your opinion at all and belittle and scold posters with their snarky comments .....Woman Frustrated 

I called some of them out and reminded them of the actual rules for getting a thread off track because Im tired of seeing good conversations getting shut down, and  they called ME a mini moderator.....but if they were honest, whose the REAL wannabe moderators..... Yep, sometimes you cant have a good conversation around here....Woman Sad

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

Oh that's right, Attention Everyone: please remember this is a forum for one-sided opinions only, not a discussion board to be able to post varying points of view, impressions or thoughts. 

If you stray from this unwritten rule, you may be subject to grade-school name-calling, or out-right mean-girl derisiveness.  You may be met with chiding posts stating they are tired of reading your opinions (why they continue to even open these specific threads then, is beyond me, but I digress). 

[tongue firmly pressed in cheek] Public Service Announcement.

Esteemed Contributor

The gripe about whining is especially hilarious, in that it could be classified as a whine!

And let's face it.  The vast majority of topics, especially in Q Talk, are whines and complaints.

There would be no posting at all if complaining was banned.

Honored Contributor

while i personally think it is a mistake, the reruns do not really bother me overnight.

i am lucky that i get QVC2 and QVC3......where i CAN watch different programming that i probably have not seen......if i want. i do sometimes keep the channel tuned to QVC overnight because i like having some low noise as i fall asleep.i am not really watching or shopping at this time.

i can say that ALL of the QVC groups that i know about on facebook have members who are "up in arms" about this. hopefully they are making their voices heard on the QVC main facebook page, qvc social media, qvcsocialteam@qvc.com, and emails/phone calls to the presidents office.

we shall see what happens after the month is over......if it lasts that long.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@AuntG wrote:

Great news! I'm sick of those TSV reruns. You'd think they would sell out by 6am each day.

@AuntG  They probably would Auntie, if they were desirable in the first place...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

I wonder when they last had a TSV sell-out?

Respected Contributor

Krimpette, those days are gone IMO.
Trusted Contributor

I agree - last night when David said that by the end of his show last night they had sold 30,000 Keurigs, and 7,500 were during his show. I remember when they used to sell maybe that many in the midnight hour! 30,000 for an entire day is ridiculously low, especially with the 6 hours of reruns.

But, with David selling almost 25% of them himself in one show, that is why we will continue to get whatever the TSV is in his kitchen shows, regardless of whether or not they fit there. Obviously, that it the only place many people purchase it.