Respected Contributor

Re: Returning to Normal Schedule in November?

I wasn't aware they were not doing live shows. How long has this been going on and why?

If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor. ~ Desmond Tutu
Occasional Contributor

What's with the prerecorded shows in the middle of the night?  I thought that's what both QVC 2 & 3 were for.  Please bring back the live shows on the original QVC!

Honored Contributor

As for myself, I don't care what they do.  But I know some count on that late night/early morning programming for company when they can't sleep.  It's comforting to have "live" TV during those bouts of insomnia.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Returning to Normal Schedule in November

When they temporarily changed programming a few years ago they were doing construction.

Carpentry, plumbing, painting, etc.

They built a new set for the BeautyiQ show, and updated and expanded the existing sets during the overnight hours.

All traces of their progress each night had to be cleaned up before the next morning.

As I recall, employees used to have to go outside in all weather to get from one set to another. No more.

Occasional Contributor

EXACTLY! Bring back the live shows on QVC!

Respected Contributor

@JJsMom wrote:

I wasn't aware they were not doing live shows. How long has this been going on and why?

that's funny. with all the repetitive programming -  josie, ring, breezies, denim & co, etc and reruns on 2 and 3 - i guess it would be hard to tell!  btw  there are several other active threads on this to update you.

Honored Contributor

I hope so because I sick to death of all the whining over it.  Good grief.  It's ridiculous because the people who are whining over it don't buy anything during the wee hours, it's just a comfy night light for them.  It doesn't matter to me, I sleep at night and I also have Q2 and Q3 which I assume are not available in areas.  If I have an over powering need to see a QVC host at 3am, I can turn to them.  It's odd.  Except for ShopLC, all the shopping channels do repeat programming in the overnights but it didn't result in all the weeping and complaining.    

Respected Contributor

@ms traditional wrote:

@JJsMom wrote:

that's funny. with all the repetitive programming -  josie, ring, breezies, denim & co, etc and reruns on 2 and 3 - i guess it would be hard to tell!  btw  there are several other active threads on this to update you.

Just curious, how can you tell you're watching a pre-recorded show?  Does it say somewhere on the screen, or is it just that you saw the original and recognize that it's a repeat.  I'm not sure if I just switched on the channel that I would know.

Respected Contributor

@ms traditional wrote:

@JJsMom wrote:

Yeah I wouldn't be able to tell unless someone pointed it out. lol It looks like they were only doing this at odd hours, so I definitely wouldn't have noticed!

Thanks, I'll go look for the other threads. I haven't been on here much lately.

If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor. ~ Desmond Tutu
Honored Contributor

@Suzeecat wrote:

@ms traditional wrote:

@JJsMom wrote:

Just curious, how can you tell you're watching a pre-recorded show?  Does it say somewhere on the screen, or is it just that you saw the original and recognize that it's a repeat.  I'm not sure if I just switched on the channel that I would know.

It says it on the screen.  The other shopping channels say  "Encore Program" and there's some about that  special prices might not be available for the Encore Program.  QVC does that with Q2 and Q3 so I assume they do it for the overnights on QVC too.