Honored Contributor

Returning prescription eyeglasses

I got some new glasses from my optometrist's office the week before Christmas, but didn't start wearing them till this past Friday. I'm not doing well with them at all. The frames are heavier than my old ones, but still fairly light, but when they put my really strong prescription in there, even though they make the lenses as thin as possible, they're just way too heavy and are making my nose really hurt. I wore them Friday-Monday afternoon and just gave up. I couldn't handle it.

I have a recheck for a dry eye issue late this morning and am going to go early so that they can try to adjust them or something, before my appt. with the doctor. I feel though, that the frames, with my prescription in them are just too heavy. When I tried wearing my clip on sunglasses over the weekend with them, I just couldn't handle it- they hurt too much.

So, this should be interesting. I take full responsbility in that I picked out the frames and doubt very seriously that they're going to take my glasses back. I do think though that when the eyeglass people are assisting you, they should steer you toward frames that will work well with your prescription. I'm hoping they'll give me at least partial credit for them if they can't get them adjusted so that I can tolerate them. I didn't get them a LensCrafters or a retailer like that. I bought them at my doctor's office.

I'm taking an old pair with me that may not be as stylish now, but I liked them and they worked well with my prescripion. I'm going to ask them to put the new prescription in those frames. I like to keep two pairs of glasses that I can see out of.

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?