Esteemed Contributor

Re: Returning an item that had free shipping

[ Edited ]

@shoesnbags  @Toot1920  You are paying way too much! I don't ever add additional insurance to USPS packages. I ask for "The least expensive way, with Tracking, since I'm not in a hurry." (USPS packages always get to QVC within a few days, which beats the Return Labels by well over a week.)

The Post Office insures all packages for the first $50 and I'm good with that. If it's lost, I'll pick up the rest at my own expense. I simply won't have QVC making money off me for postage . . . it's a racket that seems shady to me. 

Hope this helps!

ETA: With the Tracking Number, I'm confident the package will not be lost since I'm able to receive email all along the way if I select to do so. However, I simply opt for the "Delivered" email in most cases. 

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Esteemed Contributor

Thanks @BirkiLady !  I'll try this next time.

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Esteemed Contributor

@shoesnbags  If you have multiple items to return, be sure to package them in one bag. You'll really notice a savings by returning via USPS! May not be as convenient, but you know exactly where your package is on the return trip and it is SO much quicker. You are able to call QVC and ask them to issue your credit is they don't do if in a timely manner.

Be sure to keep the Tracking Number handy to prove you did return it! Oh, and be sure to make sure QVC does NOT charge you for return charges. They have a habit of mixing up their return fees with USPS incoming packages. Don't ask my how or why. Another way of ripping off customers? IDK. Just keep your USPS receipt until your CREDIT is issued to your credit card by QVC.

Money screams; wealth whispers.