Esteemed Contributor

Re: Return Postage Rip-Off

[ Edited ]

You want to talk about shipping charges how about this......$8.95 shipping for a mascara ordered from Belk today. The only reason I didn't do a quick cancel when I saw that is because it's an expensive mascara no matter where you buy it and since it was $5 and change off on sale, which was the cheapest price I could find I figured what the heck, that made up for it somewhat. Nevertheless that's ridiculous for a tube of mascara.

Regular Contributor

Wow, that is good to know. How do you buy from QVC via PayPal?

Honored Contributor

@Starpass wrote:

Wow, that is good to know. How do you buy from QVC via PayPal?

@Starpass 

PayPal is listed as one of your methods of payment at checkout. 

Occasional Contributor

Thanks for that tip!  I'm going to check it out right now.

Trusted Contributor

The same reason I no longer buy clothes or shoes from QVC. I used to buy all my shoes because it is impossible to find an 11W in a retail store. But after buying the same size for years, the quality has come down and sometimes they don't fit. So $5.50 shipping and $6.95 for the return label and it now cost me $12 45 to return something that SHOULD HAVE fit. Now I buy ALL  my shoes from online shoe stores or Amazon with free return shipping.

Honored Contributor

THERE IS NO FREE SHIPPING.  YOU ALWAYS PAY FOR SHIPPING.  IT IS EITHER STATED OR FIGURED INTO THE COST OF THE ITEM.  BUT THE CONSUMER ALWAYS PAYS FOR SHIPPING.

Honored Contributor

Re: Return Postage Rip-Off

[ Edited ]

@EllsBells wrote:

I bought a blouse for $39.98.  Shipping and handling was $3.50 and tax was $2.61, a total of $46.09 for a 39.98 blouse.  Well... the blouse didn't fit right so I returned it.  After they deducted postage and what they call a label charge, I was refunded $35.64, $4.34 LESS than the original cost of the blouse before shipping and handling.  It cost me $11.34 to ship and return an ill-fitting blouse that weighed mere ounces.  I've been with QVC since the mid 1980's.  It is highly doubtful I will ever purchase clothing from them again.  This is highway robbery.  So is charging a separate postage fee when they send more than one item together in the same package.  They used to give you half off shipping of seconds or more of the same item if you ordered at the same time.  I am very upset with QVC.  

@EllsBells 

This has been QVC's normal procedure for quite a few years now (its posted on their website)....We customers refer to it as QVC's "$11 try me fee"..... you dont get your original shipping cost back when you return something and then the return label costs you $6.95 to use.....(the only exception is if somethings defedctive)  

And many of us were upset over charging us twice if we bought more than one yet they put it in the same package. Yep, thats QVC

....But to tell you the truth....shopping at some other retailers who charge anywhere from $8 to $12 for shipping a small item Ive come to appreciate QVC's $3.50 or $5.50 shipping charge....But dont like the "try me fee" and dont like paying extra for things thrown in the same package or box...it should be 1/2 cost like they did long ago...

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Esteemed Contributor

@chickenbutt wrote:

7 tenths of a cent?  Wo!  I don't even get that.

Oh yeah, maybe I misunderstood that 'label charge' thing to be the shipping return charge when you use their label.  I thought it was something else entirely.  Sorry about that.

@chickenbutt 

No, she got $0.07 back.

Seven (7) cents.

Three pennies short of a dime.

A nickel and two pennies.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Honored Contributor

just a note that no one is required to use the QVC prepaid return label. if you believe that you can get it back to qvc cheaper, then you can use any shipping company to get your item back to qvc. MOST of the time though, the prepaid label fee is cheaper than what it costs to ship it any other way, unless it is something VERY lightweight and you choose not to add insurance.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@EllsBells wrote:

Thanks for that tip!  I'm going to check it out right now.

You have to set up a PayPal account.  Then you have to sign up to their program to refund shipping charges up to 12 times a year and with a $30 max for each return.  

I have used it several times.