Trusted Contributor

Return Policies of Online Shopping

I had tossed around posting this in Beauty, however, it is more apropos to this forum in my opinion. There has been much discussion about on line shopping vs B&M shopping and I can now say definitively, I prefer B&M by far. I recently had two instances of return nightmares from on line. The first, I ordered a pair of earrings on line and received one earring. Who packages one earring? I spent thirty minutes on the phone with CS who wanted the name of my first born child(kidding) for security purposes and finally obtained a sympathetic ear. Second, I ordered a very pricey eye shadow palette from Chantecaille. I have NEVER purchased something in eyeshadow that expensive before but there were 9 shadows in the palette. And, it appeared soooo pretty. Well it is awful. Too glittery, no depth of color, does not last. Just an awful product in my opinion. They will not return it. So, now I am out all that money. If I had purchased it from one of the other B&M stores I frequent, I guarantee they would have taken it back. Ixna on the online shopping for me.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Return Policies of Online Shopping

Not sure where you ordered from, but it's the responsibility of the customer to check return policies and weigh the + and - and make your decision.  I shop both but when ordering online, I am careful with my choices.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

The buyer has to understand return policy before buying. I only buy from etailers who accept returns. I don’t have any problems. 

Trusted Contributor

Yes, unfortuneately, too little too late. I had never come across this return policy before in all my experience, however, you can rest assured I will no longer be doing business with a company that does not allow returns.

Honored Contributor

Most online retailers like QVC would have taken care of both problems with no questions asked.  Perhaps you should deal with more reputable merchants, and check their return policies before purchasing.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Well, that happened because you don't know how to shop online.  Stick with the malls.  The first thing you do before you even put something in your cart when shop online is check the return policy.  You read it a couple of times just to make sure you understand it.  Cosmetics are a challenge when you buy online because you are looking at a screen, you aren't seeing the actual product.  You also have to read and understand the buzz words.  As skilled as I am with online shopping, I only buy cosmetics that I have actually seen up close and personal.  I especially would never buy an expensive cosmetic item sight unseen.  Some places let you return cosmetics, some don't.  They don't keep it a secret from you, the information is available it's up to the customer look at the return policy.