It now costs the customer at least twice as much to return an item as it does for QVC to send it to us!  Does not sound fair; of course the proof will be when we, the customers, reduce our purchase practices with the company.  Who can afford to take the risk of not being satisfied with a purchase?  

There are other "fish in the sea" that offer free shipping for purchases (typ[ically over a certain dolar value) and free returns, no questions asked.

Some of QVC products, like Arlo Security Camera Systems, which should be returned because of substandard performance and high upkeep costs (personal time, battery replacements etc). are often kept, not because we are satisfied with the product but because we have to factor-in new exhorbitant  "fees". So we as customers, tell our friends of this negative experience.

Other QVC products that really are quite good,  require special replacement parts, rollers,pads etc. that are often priced much higher than the general marketplace.  So who wants to pay twice as much for replacement parts.

QVC has to start re-thinking their marketing and pricing strategies if they want to retain their customer base.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: Return Label and Return Fee

I buy a lot from the Q and return a lot, I will not keep something I do not like or won't use just because of the S&H and return fees. I did buy a portable reverse osmosis water system from the Q though, that will require filter changes of course. Unfortunately, the Q bought the wrong replacement filters for the model I bought and now I have to rely on the company for replacements. Not happy and that company is not customer friendly IMO.

Esteemed Contributor

I agree. I don't mind paying $3 shipping for a $30 or $40 item, but I sure don't like paying $7 to return it if doesn't fit. I don't order much from QVC anymore...partly because of their higher prices, but mostly because of the return shipping if I need to send something back.

Honored Contributor

@cheech1What's unfair about it?   The company probably gets a volume discount, but customers aren't volume mailers.   And the handling part of the cost is greater for returns than for sending.  There are probably more differences, but those two come to mind immediately.

As for products that require expensive replacement paerts you say are available for less elsewhere -  can't you buy the replacement parts wever you want to?  I know I buy replacement brushes for my Clarisonic brush that I bought from QVC in other places and no one ever told me I committed retail crime.

Honored Contributor

Returning is costly and they count on people not returning for this reason. 

Honored Contributor

Wasn't return already $6.95?  That was for quite a while.

Honored Contributor

So you want to purchase an item and expect the company to pay for S&H and the return if you decide you don't want it???   That's fair?  

Respected Contributor

In my experience, paying to return an item rather than using the prepaid label is rarely cheaper. I like the convenience of not waiting in line at the post office as well.
Honored Contributor

@RollTide2008 wrote:
In my experience, paying to return an item rather than using the prepaid label is rarely cheaper. I like the convenience of not waiting in line at the post office as well.

I agree with @RollTide2008 

USPS and UPS both have raised their own prices.

I don't return that much, but the last 2 times I paid on my own and paid more...one WAY more!  I was shocked!  I think the return label is usually cheaper.

Occasional Contributor

Paying the Return Fee using their prepaid label is fair but they are also deducting the S&H from our refund that WE PAID with the order when we place the order.  They are double charging.

For instance, I returned an item that they charged me $5.50 to have it shipped to me and, when I returned it, they deducted that $5.50 that I paid to them PLUS the $7.95 using their return label fee.  How is that fair???