Honored Contributor

Re: Retirement of Jill Bauer

I agree with the poster who said she sees the handwriting on the wall.

QVC could hire Brad Pitt or some other equally handsome movie star to sell their wares but I still won't watch because of the stale lineup of products. Until QVC adds more variety, no matter who they hire, they won't be getting me to watch again....

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Mlsg wrote:

@blackhole99 wrote:

@Mlsg wrote:

@blackhole99 wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ  I'll have to google starting salaries for QVC hosts. I bet it's still 6 figures, but it's still cheaper than the probably half million dollars the long time hosts are making. I know someone mentioned LR was earning that much when she left the Q years ago.

@blackhole99 

Check  bus fluent “Average salary QVC hosts”

@Mlsg  there are several sites that quote the pay for on air hosts at QVC ,the lowest I saw was 76 large for on air, but the other sites say 100 grand to half a million dollars depending on the skills of the host. That low starting wage for the hosts at busfluent of 47 was for behind the scenes. LR was worth millions of dollars when she left the Q, I do believe 33 years ago the salary was lower, but not today.

@blackhole99  Thia article from 2017 and talking about present hosts.

What I got from all this that nobody really knows,This all just talking.

@Mlsg. That’s right. No one knows the salaries especially google. They have contracts. Each of them. No one can know what terms each host has in their contract. QVC is not the powerhouse it once was to offer huge salaries anymore.

Regular Contributor

I will miss Jill. I shop very little on QVC anymore. Can't stand the new, younger, tacky, rude and inept salesclerks..and to think they require a college education to get on...If there is something I continue to use from QVC, I just go online to buy..Will watch Jills final show and then I'm out..I am a charter member and it a shame how new owners and new so called hosts have brought it down..It went from class to trash..

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

I think there are many reasons why QVC have had to change business practices.  The younger demographic are not interested in collectibles, hence, the reason there are very few collectibles left on QVC.  The younger set does not want to collect fine china, crystal or any other collectibles.  Talk to anyone who owns an antique shop or consignment shop and they will tell you those things simply do not sell well.  Let's face it the older folks are getting rid of things and downsizing and the youger generations are living life in the fast lane and do not cook or collect the way older folks tended to do while raising families etc. Finances are tight for many and the days of buying "******" seems to be changing.  I know as I am getting older (mid fifties) I am buying far less stuff and getting rid of things as much as possible.  Priorites change and I ask myself more and more do I "need" or "want" an item.  If something does not bring joy out it goes.  Geting ready to bring in a dumpster to get rid of as much as possible.  

Honored Contributor

Within the last 2 years or so, someone posted an job ad for hosts being hired at Q and the starting salary was $75,000.00.

If you google, there is an article in I believe the NY Post that states top hosts at shopping channels can make $500,000.00.  

I'm not sure how anyone would know what Lisa R. was worth when she left QVC.  I do recall that there was a lot of talk that Lisa R. invested in Bare Minerals and when it went public, she made a boatload of money.  Again, not sure how someone would know that.