Frequent Contributor

Re: Retirement of Jill Bauer

I believe JT was on leave to care for her dad.

Super Contributor

I have a sneaky suspition that we will be seeing Jill come back as a rep for her home decor creations......Anyway, I sure hope so!  Until then.....she will be missed!!

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@8new nickname 6 wrote:

After a few unprofessional contacts with employees of Amazon, I avoid them as much as my purchases are dwindling from QVC & HSN. Instead I use Amazon as research & a wish list and when I am ready to purchase something, I copy & paste the title and search where the identical product is beig sold, usually at the same or lower price & purchase that way. I just hope it was Jill's choice and not a non renewal of a contract by the management. Good wishes to her.

I have never had a negative experience with Amazon, and have been a customer for many years.  They almost always have what I need for the best price.

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Honored Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ  I'll have to google starting salaries for QVC hosts. I bet it's still 6 figures, but it's still cheaper than the probably half million dollars the long time hosts are making. I know someone mentioned LR was earning that much when she left the Q years ago.

New Contributor

Re: Retirement of Jill Bauer***WHAT A CLASS ACT

Jill Bauer has such a gift of correct expression for the products. The shopping channel will continue that is for sure and I am blessed to have viewed Jill and other hosts along with Joan Rivers,Joan Bice such unique caring indivduals. HSN hosts look and act tired all wanting to wave a magic wand of presentation. The expansion created such a demand for new hosts. I even viewed a host that was at Evine who was not very good there. I wish that wonderful lady the best. A very CLASS ACT departs.

Valued Contributor

@blackhole99 wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ  I'll have to google starting salaries for QVC hosts. I bet it's still 6 figures, but it's still cheaper than the probably half million dollars the long time hosts are making. I know someone mentioned LR was earning that much when she left the Q years ago.

@blackhole99 

Check  bus fluent “Average salary QVC hosts”

Honored Contributor

@Mlsg wrote:

@blackhole99 wrote:

@blackhole99 

@Mlsg  there are several sites that quote the pay for on air hosts at QVC ,the lowest I saw was 76 large for on air, but the other sites say 100 grand to half a million dollars depending on the skills of the host. That low starting wage for the hosts at busfluent of 47 was for behind the scenes. LR was worth millions of dollars when she left the Q, I do believe 33 years ago the salary was lower, but not today.

Valued Contributor

@blackhole99 wrote:

@Mlsg wrote:

@blackhole99 wrote:

@blackhole99 

@Mlsg  there are several sites that quote the pay for on air hosts at QVC ,the lowest I saw was 76 large for on air, but the other sites say 100 grand to half a million dollars depending on the skills of the host. That low starting wage for the hosts at busfluent of 47 was for behind the scenes. LR was worth millions of dollars when she left the Q, I do believe 33 years ago the salary was lower, but not today.

@blackhole99  Thia article from 2017 and talking about present hosts.

What I got from all this that nobody really knows,This all just talking.

Respected Contributor

@blackhole99 wrote:

@Mlsg wrote:

@blackhole99 wrote:

@blackhole99 

@blackhole99 ,

What is the credible source that confirms Lisa Robertson was worth millions of dollars when she left QVC?

Honored Contributor

@ellaphant wrote:

Things change. I don't get the big deal of a retiring TV host. And please, let's not blame .new hosts on hard sell. 

I agree. I do not love any host and will not miss any host(s) that  leave. It is just not that important.