Trusted Contributor

Re: Retirement of Jill Bauer

I don't sit and watch programs, but I do use the videos when I'm shopping on the website. They're mostly why I keep shopping here. Yes, I like some of the presenters' styles better than others, and there are a few I avoid. That said, I don't much care about their style, what I like is clear and complete information. When all I get is adjectives and opinions, I move on. I want to see how the seams are constructed, what power level is required and why, what ingredient or feature matters and why it's better. I want the colors described, because they aren't always clear. When I'm told that a garment looks or fits everybody, I know that can't be true, and it makes me suspect everything else being said. That one presenter who left a few years ago--Lisa Roberts or something like that--was particularly good about saying what kind of figure a particular cut  of garment was best for, etc. But vendors like Lori Goldstein, who makes some wonderful things btw, are the opposite, and find every single garment gorgeous, perfect, stunning--so it all just becomes a blur, and meanwhile, I'm trying to make out whether that's a reddish brown or a yellowish brown, and I often never hear. Now, I'm really not complaining. Many of the videos are very helpful and I use them in making my decisions. But I pass on items not well explained and presenters who do more gushing than describing.

Regular Contributor

There is something we can do about it.......don’t shop with them🤷🏼‍♀️

Respected Contributor

@summergal1 wrote:

There is something we can do about it.......don’t shop with them🤷🏼‍♀️

@summergal1 

Amazon has been my "go to" place for about 4 years now.  I daresay, I'm not the only one. 

Lands End is replacing D & C for me rather quickly.  They have great sales and the tee shirts are exceptional.  I do fall back on my old favorite D & C side pocket pants that they have sold about a zillion pairs of.  

I'm also seeing, and my daughter is using this feature regularly now, that Amazon is selling clothing (name brands) and you can try them and return if necessary for free!!  

Occasional Visitor

I hate to lose Jill.  She was/is one of my favorites.  I will her everything good.

The new hosts are silly, skinny, and for the most part, not someone I could relate too or would be interested in listening too. 

Good for me-----LOTS of time and MONEY saved!

I watch for Mary Beth and the hosts I know and like!

Honored Contributor

JB was a good host, but it's time for someone new and fresh. I agree things are changing and I bet before long MBR, JT and others will be saying goodbye. The young hosts want these jobs because of the 6 figure salaries and great benefit package. I have never seen employees go on vacation as often as these hosts do. Ali Carr is on vacation and she just started.LOL Also, don't forget although these hosts need to be college graduates to apply for these jobs, I doubt if they took anything in college that would get them a starting 6 figure salary.

Respected Contributor

@CherryHugs wrote:

She is one of my very favorites.  The new hosts are helping me save money too!! I watch Very Little now.

One thing I really dislike is how they try to make it all a party type atmosphere or hanging out with your girlfriends!!

@CherryHugs 

And don't forget the fake wine and going barefoot. UGH!

Respected Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

Jill is not retiring.  She is leaving QVC and moving on to something else although she has nothing lined up yet.   

I personally think there are changes being made at QVC that are not for the better, Jill sees the writing on the wall and is getting out while the getting is good. 

@Lipstickdiva 

Not that it matters what we think, but I agree with you.  I wish Jill the very best.  

Honored Contributor

@blackhole99 wrote:

JB was a good host, but it's time for someone new and fresh. I agree things are changing and I bet before long MBR, JT and others will be saying goodbye. The young hosts want these jobs because of the 6 figure salaries and great benefit package. I have never seen employees go on vacation as often as these hosts do. Ali Carr is on vacation and she just started.LOL Also, don't forget although these hosts need to be college graduates to apply for these jobs, I doubt if they took anything in college that would get them a starting 6 figure salary.

@blackhole99.  I think QVC is getting rid of the six figure employees. And I think the ones replacing them will not be in the six figures.

Valued Contributor

I don't think JT will leave.  She left once before and was back within two years.

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

After a few unprofessional contacts with employees of Amazon, I avoid them as much as my purchases are dwindling from QVC & HSN. Instead I use Amazon as research & a wish list and when I am ready to purchase something, I copy & paste the title and search where the identical product is beig sold, usually at the same or lower price & purchase that way. I just hope it was Jill's choice and not a non renewal of a contract by the management. Good wishes to her.