Trusted Contributor

Re: Retirement of Jill Bauer

@retirement of Jill Bauer., I never missed a program hosted by Jill. She is a professional. Knew her merchandise and always was truthful with her customers. She is a LADY. Always also loved her with Dara from Philosophy. All the vendors will also miss Jill. May she have all the blessings she so richly deserves in her new chapter She has a beautiful family. ENJOY NOW!! Life is short. Will continue to look for Trevor on major league baseball team.

Honored Contributor

We wish Jill well in her retirement.  Maybe she'll return as a product rep.  But what would it be?  A Shark vacuum cleaner. perhaps.

Trusted Contributor

Management is thinking years ahead with its personnel changes.  Does anyone not believe that Mary will take over from David when he decides to cut back and/or retire?  The ITKW "franchise" is too valuable to not have a skilled replacement host in the wings.

Honored Contributor

@sashamatthews  I hope that's not the case.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Jill is not retiring.  She is leaving QVC and moving on to something else although she has nothing lined up yet.   

I personally think there are changes being made at QVC that are not for the better, Jill sees the writing on the wall and is getting out while the getting is good. 

Trusted Contributor

Ours is not to reason why!  She probably just wants to retire and enjoy life.  I was about her age when I stopped working.   If she can, why not?Woman Wink

Trusted Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

Jill is not retiring.  She is leaving QVC and moving on to something else although she has nothing lined up yet.   

I personally think there are changes being made at QVC that are not for the better, Jill sees the writing on the wall and is getting out while the getting is good. 

Maybe she's not retiring in the traditional sense of the word, but she's leaving QVC and my bet is there is some payoff for her.  Don't know if it is a pension per say or another type of financial benefit, but there must be something.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

She is one of my very favorites.  The new hosts are helping me save money too!! I watch Very Little now.

One thing I really dislike is how they try to make it all a party type atmosphere or hanging out with your girlfriends!!

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller
Honored Contributor

At one time butter churns and buggy whips where huge sellers and the people who manufactured them made fortunes.  That wouldn't happen today, there's no market for them.  Time moves on, you cannot apply 1980 standards to the world as it is today.  The home shopping industry isn't just HSN and QVC as it was back in the olden days before online shopping even existed.  QVC isn't just competing wiwhth other shopping channels, they are completing with every online retailer in the world.  There are QVC shoppers now who never look at on of the tv "shows".  They shop but they shop online so they aren't interested in being friends with the show hosts or looking at the programs just to be entertained.  I'm certainly not young and I have been a QVC shopper almost from day 1.  Time moved on and I moved along with it.  The "hard sell" as you call it works for me.  I don't form relationships with show hosts, they are sales reps to me.  I watch shopping channels soley for the merchandise.  The newer hosts want careers, they want to be part of QVC's future,  not QVC's past.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Johnnyeager wrote:

New hosts are paired with a seasoned host mentor.  Many have mentioned that on their Facebook and Instagram.

For examply, Kerstin is mentor to Courtney Webb (makes sense with the fitness connection) as well as Kristine Zell.  Most large businesses have these mentor/mentee relationships.

----------------

Mmmmm...no wonder!!!!