Respected Contributor

Re: Retirees, do you lose track of the day/date?

I know what day of the week it is but not always the date. Unless I’m writing a check, who needs it. All appointments and plans are in the phone.

'I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed man'.......Unknown
Respected Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2 

Happens to me often because we don’t always need to know the day and date. I have to admit, though, that in my career, my secretaries and I often joked that I was “calendar challenged,” so this is nothing new. When I need to know, I do. Sadly, as two elderly relatives have started to need me for everything from money management to driving them to appointments and hiring helpers, there are weeks when I am pretty much glued to my calendar. 

Esteemed Contributor

At least several times a week! LOL!

Occasional Contributor

Yes, all the time.  When I worked, I had to write the date several times daily.  I don't have to do that now.

Respected Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2 

We have 3 calendars to keep up with the day Smiley LOLSmiley LOL  

It's wonderful not having to worry about anything but appointments.

We worked a lot of hard years for this privilege.    

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Yup!  Ever sonce my husband retired 2 years ago, i loose track of date, and day of week.  I told time by him.  If he was home it was Friday, Saturday or Sunday!

Respected Contributor

Oh yes.   I've been retired just about a year and sometimes I just have to stop and think: what day is this.

I play bridge on Tuesdays and Saturdays and I've been know to say to my partner, 'see you Tuesday' for her to say 'this is Tuesday.   See you Saturday".

My goal for year 2 of retirement is to do a better job on knowing what day it is. 

Esteemed Contributor

Yes, I am guilty of that.  I dislike cell phones but they do come in handy when I have those moments of not being sure of what day of the week it is, or the date.   I keep threatening to get a land line, maybe one of these days I will do that, I miss being able to hear or understand what people are saying when talking on a cell phone. 

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Esteemed Contributor

@GingerPeach wrote:

Days during the week feel the same to me, so I've been known to think it's a day that it's not.  Even though I'm retired, however, Saturday and Sunday still have a different feel to them (each feels different from the other, too).

I think every day of the week has a different feel.  And yes, Saturday and Sunday very much feel differently from the other.  I've never really thought about it in that way, but you're right.  (At least I think so!)  :-)