Honored Contributor

Re: Retailers selling returned underwear

That's just nasty. I try one pair of jeans on (undergarment on) and basically stick with that size & style & as for the undergarment, I get mine at Vanity Fair.. same size I've worn for years so no need to try on. If anything looks like it's been rehung or repackaged, I put it in the very back of the things for sale so no one else can get them.

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Honored Contributor

On 1/15/2015 Shorty2U said:

My undies haven't been tried on.lol.I buy the packaged kind that's sealed in packs of so many. Not the most glamorous undies, but at least they are not laying around in the store in bins without packaging! And I wash all clothing I buy before wearing it.

As do I. I feel a lot more comfortable about that. Besides, my underwear needs are pretty basic at this point. I like an all cotton, hi-cut, type that I can get in a package of 6 or 12. I'd never purchase an open package.

It used to be against the law for retailers to sell used undergarments but maybe things have changed (?). I never got the need to try on underwear. Bras - ok, that makes sense, but not underwear.

Honored Contributor

For some reason I can't quote on the BLOOMERS post. Anyway, these are the absolute safest panties to wear when trying on jeans and pants!

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

p.s. Sealed packages of undies are probably the safest, although I wash everything because of the chemicals/fabric sprays, etc.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Respected Contributor

There's a designer who puts a lot of spandex in her swimsuits and was originally on HSN and sold underwear as well....can't recall her name but she also sells on qvc now. Anyway, I bought a one-piece swimsuit from her on HSN (many years ago) and it came with a removable cotton guard on the crotch....well, they had sent me a return and whoever had tried it on did so over the cotton guard without underwear and then the garment wasn't removed from inventory when she returned it. It was sent to me with hair and secretions on the cotton guard. Nothing surprises me, so I just repackaged it and shipped it back and have never purchased anything of hers ever again. Oh and the vendor's first name was Carol I believe.

eta: I just googled her name and it was Carol Wior.

Super Contributor

Respected Contributor

On 1/15/2015 Ilikeshade said:

There's a designer who puts a lot of spandex in her swimsuits and was originally on HSN and sold underwear as well....can't recall her name but she also sells on qvc now. Anyway, I bought a one-piece swimsuit from her on HSN (many years ago) and it came with a removable cotton guard on the crotch....well, they had sent me a return and whoever had tried it on did so over the cotton guard without underwear and then the garment wasn't removed from inventory when she returned it. It was sent to me with hair and secretions on the cotton guard. Nothing surprises me, so I just repackaged it and shipped it back and have never purchased anything of hers ever again. Oh and the vendor's first name was Carol I believe.

OMG UGHHHHH!

_____ ,,,^ ._. ^,,,_____
Respected Contributor

I am not surprised. I wash all undies first.
Honored Contributor

That's not Carol Wior's fault. She has nothing to do with sending out something somebody already tried on.

Honored Contributor

On 1/16/2015 brii said:

That's not Carol Wior's fault. She has nothing to do with sending out something somebody already tried on.

Heavens, I LOVE these mass generalizations! It's not the vendor's fault....if one is proclaiming a "never", it should never shop with HSN. It's their employees...one of many associates that process the returns, that pushed it back into main inventory. Fault is HSN Quality Control...not the lady designing! Funny.