Honored Contributor

Re: Retail Returns Warning (Walmart)

@Bri369 wrote:

Temporary Return Policy Change

Effective: April 20, 2020

We are temporarily not processing returns/exchanges in our stores of: food, paper goods, home cleaning supplies, laundry soap, pharmacy, health & beauty and apparel.

If you need to return any item, including those above, and have a receipt, please start your return on the Walmart app or at Walmart.com. It’s easy and may allow you to complete your return without coming to the store.

If you’re not able to return the item online, don’t worry! Once returns reopen for impacted categories, we will be extending the return period by 6 weeks for those items.

yes, this is all directly found on the walmart website.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

I don't know how true this is:

Heard of a rumor that some folks are trying to return lots of hoarded toilet paper and tissues, etc., and some, maybe most, stores are refusing to accept those returns.

I know that I wouldn't want to purchase those items if they were sitting in someone else's house for two or three months, possibly contaminated with the C virus.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

Thanks guys, none of this was explained to her at the store when she tried to return, we both appreciate the clarification offered here!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Respected Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

Thanks guys, none of this was explained to her at the store when she tried to return, we both appreciate the clarification offered here!

She can go ahead and start the refund request now on the

Wal-Mart app or walmart.com if she has the receipt.

Esteemed Contributor

I returned something at my local Walmart yesterday.  They have a sign up saying they will not be processing returns from certain departments.  A customer at the other register was trying to return something from the clothing department, and she was told they aren't taking those returns at this time, but keep checking back.  They didn't say they would never process that return--just not now.

Honored Contributor

I would be more upset with the company that hired me for a daytime shift and then changed it to overnight.  Is that fair???

Honored Contributor

Not sure but in our WM there are signs stating "items not returnable", ie, paper stuff like tp, paper towels, napkins, bedding, shoes, air mattresses and a few other things & food products.

Clearly they should have signage in shoe area stating not returnable.

Our store just posted they were taking returns starting 5/25.  I don't buy much at any store now unless I know I'm keeping it.

Perhaps your daughter can speak to store manager.  I know every store has different return policy since COVID.

Honored Contributor

@wildcat fan wrote:

I returned something at my local Walmart yesterday.  They have a sign up saying they will not be processing returns from certain departments.  A customer at the other register was trying to return something from the clothing department, and she was told they aren't taking those returns at this time, but keep checking back.  They didn't say they would never process that return--just not now.

I returned two items to my Walmart in the last couple of months with no problem.  But neither were in any of the categories listed above.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@KingstonsMom wrote:

DD lost her job during Covid and has been looking for new employment.

She was hired for a job requiring steel toed shoes for a warehouse job, which she bought from Walmart.

Even though she was hired to work morning or afternoon shifts, she was given overnight shift, which would not work for her since she has a family.

Walmart will NOT allow her to return the $30 shoes, with a receipt (never worn), due to Covid.

Is this fair in your mind?

I'd keep the shoes. She might need them for another warehouse job. My second choice of action would be to sign up at the Walmart site that's making a listing for returns for after the temporary returns ban. Option 3: if the item was purchased with a credit card and all ternpms were not found posted at the store where she made the charges she can dispute the no return policy through her credit card.

Frequent Contributor

Bought some clothing items at WM that i didnt like once i was home.... Tried to return this past week and the return clerk was rude and said she couldnt do it right now.... didnt tell me why....... So as i was going out a clerk stops me to see my receipt and told me of their policy right now.... very courteous.... said WM will accept returns at a later time....  by the way I live in Texas  .... things have not been so bad here....... I have my receipt and i will return when possible