Denny's

Outback

The Cheesecake Factory 

IHOP

B.J.'s

Applebee's

Honored Contributor

Re: Restaurants in Danger of Closing Because of the Pandemic

Not every location can keep the rent & utilities paid for months on end with no customers.   They are in a really tough place.  I hope many can still survive on take out orders, but I doubt that's the case.

Esteemed Contributor

It is very sad but does not surprise me.  I would imagine many business's are hurting financially.  Our world is in a very bad place because of this virus and we have no way of knowing when it will turn around, it is now a wait and see situation.

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Honored Contributor

I worry every day about my daughter and son-in-law.  They both work for Darden at different concepts.

Hers is still take out only, no outdoor set up, they don't have the outdoor space to be able to set it up.  His does take out and outdoor.

Trusted Contributor

This will not be a popular comment... in the grand scheme of things I really do not care about the closing of restaurants, bakeries, coffee shops etc.  I enjoy going out to eat or out to get a treat but I think our focus should be on the health of our population and our country.  It is up to us!

Honored Contributor

@avid shopper I also don't eat out or even do enough take-out that the closings will significantly change my life, but the businesses they represent employ millions of workers over the nation and I am concerned about how the nation provides for so many workers, 

Honored Contributor

It is going to get much worse before it gets better. If the country had simply shut down for 6-8 weeks, like other countries did, we would have been able to open businesses back up with success and this would never have happened. Shame on this country for allowing this to happen.

Respected Contributor

Sad commentary on our times, and so unnecessary. Places with salad bars are done as all too many people aye now fearing they will die if they touch anything others have touched. Sweet Tomatoes, a favorite place for us is closed for good. 

Respected Contributor

Texas Roadhouse offered take out uncooked steaks, potatoes, and rolls for a price less expensive than dine-in but a bit more than at grocery.  We tried and were so pleased with presentation and quality.  I can't bring myself to go indoors there but this is alternative.  Restaurants don't have easy right now.  They have to be really creative.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@avid shopper wrote:

This will not be a popular comment... in the grand scheme of things I really do not care about the closing of restaurants, bakeries, coffee shops etc.  I enjoy going out to eat or out to get a treat but I think our focus should be on the health of our population and our country.  It is up to us!

@avid shopper You're right...it's not a popular comment to those who are now unemployed. They have almost no hope to find work due to the restaurants and many other small businesses that are now closed for good.

What to say to those people?  It doesn't affect me personally but I do care about those in dire financial situations.  I think it's very sad.