Esteemed Contributor

Re: Restaurants That Don't Have Dine In Anymore.

It makes me happy that so many businesses have been able to re-invent themselves, find a new way to serve the public, and stay in business.  Good for them!  

However, I will not be dining inside a restaurant for a very long time.  I can eat at home.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Trusted Contributor

I never realized there were people who are so needy about dining out to the point they feel their lives are over now.  Yes I have heard that expressed.

Wear a mask. Social distance. Be part of the solution - not part of the problem.
Trusted Contributor

LOVE that "Mask Required" sign @suzyQ3!  It's perfect. I'm going to borrow it.

Wear a mask. Social distance. Be part of the solution - not part of the problem.
Esteemed Contributor

@Deree  I know what you mean.  The woman I described acted like it was the end of civilization.

Upon the re-opening there were 54 comments at one point and 53 were positive.  The other was this one lady.

God bless the owner, she responded and very nicely explained why they made the changes. This woman still harped.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

It's a shame the deadly Covid-19 virus pandemic has had such a negative impact on restaurants and their employees.

Not judging or fear mongering, only saying just be careful if you choose to dine  at restaurants.   It could be your “Last Supper” ☠️

CDC Warns Eating Out Can Lead to COVID

“As restaurants open up across America, it almost feels too good to be true: Can you really enjoy a meal, and support a local business or your favorite chain, without fear of catching COVID-19? Not exactly. "Dining out is one of the riskiest possible activities during the coronavirus pandemic, according to a report issued by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) on Thursday, citing the fact that masks are not used while people are eating and drinking," reports The Hill. "CDC officials interviewed about 314 people who experienced symptoms of the virus and got tests, about half of whom were positive. Both the positive and the negative subjects said they had engaged in activities such as attending church and in-person shopping."

Also, Dr. Fauci is concerned about a recent study by the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, finding that adults who tested positive for COVID were more than twice as likely to have admitted to eating inside a restaurant. "That's the simple reason why we're talking about—why I keep stressing about—getting the level of community infection down. Because if you go indoors in a restaurant — whatever capacity, 25, 50%, or what have you — indoors absolutely increases the risk,"

~Do your part. Wear a mask, observe social distancing, wash hands. It is the patriotic thing to do.~ 🇺🇸

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

The NYC Council has approved a measure allowing independent restaurants to levy a "Covid Recovery Charge" of up to 10%. The surcharge is completely optional, must be fully disclosed on menus and signage and expires 90 days after 100% indoor occupancy is approved. It awaits the Mayor's signature.

Honored Contributor

@Johnnyeager wrote:

The NYC Council has approved a measure allowing independent restaurants to levy a "Covid Recovery Charge" of up to 10%. The surcharge is completely optional, must be fully disclosed on menus and signage and expires 90 days after 100% indoor occupancy is approved. It awaits the Mayor's signature.

Even though I'm not interested in dining out, @Johnnyeager, I think this is an excellent idea.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Esteemed Contributor

I loved eating out 3-4 times a week pre Covid.  I eat in my own home until I can resume my life.  I don't know the chef or server's hygienic practices.  Did he/she touch his/her mask, the chef sneeze in my food & then my food is served to me.  Sorry no thanks!  There are enough people out there that must dine out....fine for them....not for me.  I'll wait, no hurry and I'll enjoy it when I can eat and the food safely and enjoy the atmosphere.  It's no big treat to dine out right now  

Esteemed Contributor

The CDC report is overly broad with its generalizations.  There is no linkage provided to establishments which follow all strict protocols including masking, table spacing and sanitization procedures.  

Honored Contributor

What did you say to the woman you know who said this to you?