Esteemed Contributor

Re: Restaurant recommendations in NYC.

@JustJazzmom wrote:

Most times if you go to a restaurant & tell them you are seeing a show, they will get you out on time. Google restaurants near the theater where the show is located.

They also have prix fix menus!!!!

*Call Tyrone*
Esteemed Contributor

Another vote for Carnegie Deli.  DH and I split a Woodie Allen sandwich (plenty for 2) had egg creams to drink and bought a small cheesecake to go (dinner).  Their menu is online.

Valued Contributor

seymours is a great place? great seafood. not in time square on bloom street.

Respected Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

The question made me smile.  I don't think OP knows how big NYC is or how many restaurants there are or the variety of restaurants.  Cute question.  

Uh, "cute" attitude. Oops, wrong word; I meant "condescending" or, maybe, "insecure." I spent a big chunk of my professional life in Manhattan, and it would not occur to me to reply in that vein. 

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Baylie wrote:

A friend and I will be in NYC next week and neither of us is that familiar with the city. Does anyone have any recommendations for lunch places in the Times Square area? We are going to see 2 matinees and would like to have lunch nearby. Thanks!

Whatever you decide, @Baylie, Give My Regards to Broadway.

Honored Contributor

Broome Street, not Bloom Street, as far as I know there is no Bloom Street in Manhatan

@tockerman wrote:

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Esteemed Contributor

@I am still oxox wrote:

Broome Street, not Bloom Street, as far as I know there is no Bloom Street in Manhatan

@tockerman wrote:

Isn't that in the Village?

*Call Tyrone*
Esteemed Contributor

@tockerman wrote:

@tockerman- Seamores is on Broome Street in lower Manhattan not in the theater district 

Respected Contributor

You've gotten some great recommendations, all I've been to, Juniors, Blue Fin, Glass House Tavern, Tre Colori & Becco. They're all in the theatre district, make reservations and just let them know when you get there that you're going to the theatre.  There's also another one that I love that I don't think was mentioned: Maria Pia's at 319 51st Street between 8th & 9th Avenue.  It's small and so New York, it's one of my favorites and they do have pre-fix lunch and dinner menu too.  My DS lives in NYC and I go up 3-4 times a year, so I've been to many restaurants.  I hope you have a great time.  I'm going up myself this weekend, we're doing a river dinner cruise and seeing the Mets play the Nationals!! Can't wait!  NYC!  

Esteemed Contributor

@Hayfield wrote:

You've gotten some great recommendations, all I've been to, Juniors, Blue Fin, Glass House Tavern, Tre Colori & Becco. They're all in the theatre district, make reservations and just let them know when you get there that you're going to the theatre.  There's also another one that I love that I don't think was mentioned: Maria Pia's at 319 51st Street between 8th & 9th Avenue.  It's small and so New York, it's one of my favorites and they do have pre-fix lunch and dinner menu too.  My DS lives in NYC and I go up 3-4 times a year, so I've been to many restaurants.  I hope you have a great time.  I'm going up myself this weekend, we're doing a river dinner cruise and seeing the Mets play the Nationals!! Can't wait!  NYC!  

I'm going to the Mets game Saturday night - there's a fireworks show after the game. There's nothing better than a NYC  fireworks show !!