Contributor

Oh, I do complain. I complain that some people are so self-centered that they think that the world begins and ends with them. I am surprised that you think world hunger is a joke but havind someone sweep a floor around you is a big deal.

Bobbi

Respected Contributor

@bjabuceye wrote:

Wow! Someone sounds a little entitled. I am not holier than anyone, but I do consider myself a Christian and I guess I just get tired of people complaining about such little things. Sorry, Ivanka!

Bobbi

A Christian?  Would a Christian be so judgmental and put others down because of their opinion on a message board?  Seriously?  If this thread is so annoying to you maybe you should move on to another instead of putting others down who don't agree with you. 

Respected Contributor

It is pretty condescending to respond the way you did.  People discuss different things on message boards.  I mean, I don't particularly like the threads about the royal family, Harry & Megan, etc. but I just ignore them and read others of interest. I don't put down the people who do post about them & tell them they shouldn't discuss it. 

Trusted Contributor

@KKJ wrote:

It is pretty condescending to respond the way you did.  People discuss different things on message boards.  I mean, I don't particularly like the threads about the royal family, Harry & Megan, etc. but I just ignore them and read others of interest. I don't put down the people who do post about them & tell them they shouldn't discuss it. 

Exactly. 

⚓️
Esteemed Contributor

Fast food is exactly that - people in and out all the time. Would you rather eat on a dirty table?

Honored Contributor

@KKJ wrote:

DH and I eat out fairly often and this annoys me to no end.  When dining at fast food restaurants, the workers will start sweeping practically right under our feet. The dirt & dust flying everywhere.  Then they start spraying the cleaner/disinfectant  right by us. Why must they do this right when and where we are eating?  Not very appetizing.

@KKJ

I can't do anything about this for you and DH, but the manager of the establishments you frequent might!

hn

hckynut(john)
Respected Contributor

It seems like a lot of people would be  a lot happier if they stayed home to eat...

Respected Contributor

@chrystaltree   something similar happened at a chicken dinner restaurant a few years back. a kid got sick at one table and  the place had some folks move to other nearby tables...but about 30 diners ended up getting sick a day or so later.  

the restaurent owner wanted to  close for 2 days but the state health inspectors forced the place to close for a number of weeks.   everything had to be sanitized and/or replaced.  happened at a function hall too. at a wedding, and the facility went out of business.

always behind the 8 ball...  the health inspections check restaurants once per yr on average...

yes to the sweeping peeve...and mopping from nasty bucket, then coming over w/utensils filling water glasses and taking drink orders etc w/o washing hands

Respected Contributor

I just starting eating at home , or get our food to go. Just more comfortable.That cleaning spray kills me, I just can't breath after words. Some times they stop and some time just keep going. And don't ever go in to near closing they will mop you in a corner. 

Honored Contributor
They are required to keep tables clean for incoming diners....one person usually has that job, to keep the tables cleared and wiped down as soon as the diners leave. Just ask them to please wait until you are finished eating before cleaning the table next to you. I am sure they wouldn't object and would prob just move on to another table elsewhere.