Valued Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

The parents killed their own child in Lake County, IL.   They have been arrested.  However, where was the Social Worker to take this boy out of the father and step mother's home.   Evidentially, the parents were on drugs and alcohol.  The only reason I can think of why they killed the boy is because he was taking money away from their booze and drugs.  How sick.  Little AJ is now at peace and away from the EVIL.

This took place in McHenry County, not Lake County.  There were so many missed opportunities for someone, anyone, to intervene and yet no one helped this little boy. I am just sick over it and wishing that Illinois would reinstate the death penalty.

Honored Contributor

Those parents should never see the light of day ever again. Too bad Illinois doesn’t have the death penalty.  These two monsters deserve it.  

Respected Contributor

MONSTERS! How could anybody harm an innocent child, especially their own? I hope they are locked up forever!

Sleep sweet Bo 3/19/08 8/4/18
Respected Contributor

Words cannot even express how this hurts my heart.  I have silently cried for this baby all day and wished nothing but hate and harm on the parents. 

What kind of inhumane monster kills their own baby?  Parents are supposed to protect their children with their own lives, not take their childrens lives. 

I hope they rot in hell. 

Trusted Contributor

Why do disgusting people like this have children in the first place?

Respected Contributor

He is resting in the arms of the angels.  It's heartbreaking when babies and little children are murdered.  There are so many couples desperate for a child; they have to go to foreign countries to find a little one to adopt. If these parents couldn't care for their child they should have allowed someone else to do so.   Evidently, their drug habit took priority.  The child protective services in this country seem unable to do their job. Too many times when a problem is known, nothing is done.   I've heard it said that the system is broken, apparently it is true. 

Trusted Contributor

This made me break down and cry when they reported how the boy was killed. Just the one line I heard was too cruel to imagine. Poor little guy. Wish someone could've gotten him out before it was too late. I read that he was removed from the home and returned. So very sad.

Rest in peace. You didn't seem to have any while you were here.

Honored Contributor

I hope no one posts what actually happened to this poor boy.  My heart can't take it in, please don't print it here.  For the sake of his own dignity.  It's a shame it had to be made public.  How horrific.  I just can't bear to know what happened.

That alone (the how) haunts me horribly. 

Imagine the people who knew him personally.  Knew his voice.  Saw the abuse, what it did to him,  maybe what he told them.  The trembling fright of speaking up or maybe just being questioned by them.  His tears.  His fear.

And people where aware and spoke up!  They did what we are supposed to do.  And help came.  And then left.

Those people, call them whistle-blowers, call them newsie bodies, call them whatever you want.  They did what they were supposed to do.  I'm not sure who they were, or how many times they made the call(s), but they were heros for this little boy.

But then they saw this-- the final outcome.  How awful.

Honored Contributor

What a sweet smile this little boy had. He will rest now that he is free from all things evil in that house. Those two adults (not calling them 'parents' because they certainly were not) will get their's in the end.

Respected Contributor

@Renata22 wrote:

This made me break down and cry when they reported how the boy was killed. Just the one line I heard was too cruel to imagine. Poor little guy. Wish someone could've gotten him out before it was too late. I read that he was removed from the home and returned. So very sad.

Rest in peace. You didn't seem to have any while you were here.

And therein lies one of the major problems I have with Social Services.  I have a niece who gave birth to three children, two of which were born with drugs in their system.  

These kids' lives were ripped apart for FOUR years while the courts/judges would give them back to the mother for a chance of reunification.  It took the full 4 years before the courts would permanently end parental rights and remove both girls.  In the meantime - that's a lot of emotional baggage to have to deal with for two years 4 and 6 when it began.