Super Contributor

Re: Responding to others on Forum's

As I was reading through this thread, I thought the same thing as *barrel racer* above.

Is this Forum and other people's opinions
really that important in *anyone's* life?

Posts that are perceived as being Negative or Positive should have Zero impact on one's own life or self-esteem.

Posts are written by *someone* you do not know, whom you will never meet and should not affect your actual real life in any way.

Unless----- you allow this Forum or stranger's opinions to become important in your mind.
Trusted Contributor

I try to be kind and respectful to others in responding as I would expect the same in return.

Respected Contributor

@barrel racer wrote:

Good grief it's a forum. Don't take it so seriously.

Couldn't agree more!

Super Contributor

In some cases....

I do unfortunately, take things seriously whether in everyday life or behind a keyboard.

For instance if someone is ill ,going through a rough moment....etc

Possibly, some people aren't fortunate enough to have family, friends, or someone just to simply vent to.

I seriously question myself about this ,is all I'm trying to say ....

I realized when I posted this, I would receive all types of feedback...which I do appreciate, everyone's responses.

Honored Contributor

It was a constructive, candid thread, @Sassycoco ,  that managed to last, all through varying degrees of both dissenting and concurring opinions.  Congrats to you also, on maintaining an even keel throughout.