Respected Contributor

Re: Responding to others on Forum's

[ Edited ]

Well, this is a public forum and anyone can post their thoughts on a topic- So to some degree, you need to have a thick skin, understanding that you may get responses that you don't like or disagree with-  

But most people do try to be thoughtful and delicate, or sarcastic and funny-   But there is the occasional insult, that you just have to ignore...

Super Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch

Im not trying to change anyone .Like I stated ,this my observation

I appreciate your feedback 😊
Super Contributor

@Skyegirl21

I'm aware this is a public forum.

That being said ,I was just stating my opinion.

You are correct ,about having thick skin.

Unfortunately, not everyone does
Esteemed Contributor

I am one who tries to never be rude or hurtful on here, or in life in general.

However, there have been many a post regarding this subject and it is what it is.........a forum.   You can choose who you would like to interact with and avoid who you choose also.  I never understand these posts,  did you just have some angelic moment come over you?   No one claims to be perfect on here, we all basically get along and I'm sorry but we don't need to be lectured.  JMO.

Honored Contributor

@Sassycoco wrote:

I get what you're saying and agree. Here is how I see it.

The vast majority have good intentions and don't mean any harm. 

Some people are direct and some people are mush-mouthed. People need to accept that. I'm more on the direct side as you'll see in this post.

Some posters think people are stirring the pot by posting facts. Facts matter.

People need to stop reading more into posts than what is there. Some add their own twist and take comments to mean something that's not there. 

Some people think they are right no matter what. They need to realize the world isn't all about them. 

Some people think others are being mean if they disagree. They need to wear their big girl/boy pants if they post anywhere online.

Some people report posts if they disagree or offer an alternative thought. It's time to grow up.

And yes, there are some who always respond with snark, insults, and rudeness. I try to ignore these but occasionally can't help mysef. Smiley Happy 

Honored Contributor

@Redshoes07 wrote:

I understand what you are saying, but some will say freedom of speech, others say I'm brutally honest. I try to respond with respect for others feelings. Like how some write, "that top is ugly", or "I would never buy that". I guess it gives some a sense of superiority. Who knows.

To that person, it may be ugly and maybe they'd never buy it. That's their opinion and has nothing to do with superiority. Don't read more into a post than is there. 

As I said in another post.... some people are very direct and others mush up their words. Both are ok and people need to accept it as is.

The freedom of speech comments make me laugh. Freedom of speech does not apply to privately owned sites, aka non-government entities.

Honored Contributor

@Sassycoco 

@CalminHeart @LindaSal @Skyegirl21 @jubilant 

There are some people whose behaviors we can change (possibly) with our opinions; there are some whose behaviors we can never change.🌞

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Esteemed Contributor

@Sassycoco  I totally agree with you but I doubt that it will change much.  This place can be very toxic.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Seems to me like just another lecture as to how others may and may not, should or should not use Qurate forums, including when to post, where to post,
and with what frequency.   Frustrated moderator wannabees in essence. 

The deep, dark Interweb is surely not for the faint of heart.  Or for those with extreme control issues,  since not all posters will march to their drummer.

Super Contributor

@LindaSal

If you read my post ,this is strictly my opinion, observations

I for one ,know I'm not perfect

I'm not trying to lecture ,anyone .

No ,it wasn't an angelic moment...it's just me ....I try to think of others before I make a comment.
You're correct this is a forum ,I apologize if it was brought up before.

Maybe ,you should of just simply skipped over it ?

JMHO