Honored Contributor

Re: Reruns of Cosby show are being cancelled

On 11/19/2014 mstyrion 1 said:
On 11/19/2014 Tinkrbl44 said:

If those women were to have pushed forward, it would have cost each of them a fortune in legal fees ...... isn't getting raped bad enough? Do they also have to be wiped out financially, too ?? {#emotions_dlg.crying}

only for a civil suit.

If they pressed criminal charges, the state prosecutes. The victim doesn't.

Yes, but the victims would still need an attorney to represent them. {#emotions_dlg.unsure}

Honored Contributor

On 11/19/2014 OC FRESH said:

If you were accused of that crime wouldn't you scream your innocence, take a polygraph test and NOT pay off an accuser?

Innocent rich people don't pay someone off like that unless there's some truth to the claim.

It's not like a deal gone bad or fraud etc. this is a character damaging crime that he should be fighting. He's very vocal about everything else he thinks is wrong.

He has lots of money and time to clear himself and if he's innocent he should go after the accusers but he's silent and has his lawyer speak for him.

Good point ........ Cosby's silence is deafening, and he's telling the world he can't deny the claims. {#emotions_dlg.crying}

Super Contributor

I can see why he might have paid off an accuser in years past. Perhaps he was trying to avoid just what is happening now: a trial and conviction in the court of public opinion. I'm not saying he's not guilty, but still adhere to the "innocent until proven guilty" principle that seems to be seen as obsolete by too many these days.
Honored Contributor

Reruns of Cosby show are being cancelled

Why? Robert Blake had a trial for murdering his wife and I saw lots of reruns of his shows. He was found not guilty in a criminal trial but guilty in a Civil Trial and it cost him millions.

Mr. Cosby as far as I know, has not been convicted of anything by a jury, unless I somehow missed the trial.

hckynut(john)
Esteemed Contributor

On 11/19/2014 hckynut said:

Why? Robert Blake had a trial for murdering his wife and I saw lots of reruns of his shows. He was found not guilty in a criminal trial but guilty in a Civil Trial and it cost him millions.

Mr. Cosby as far as I know, has not been convicted of anything by a jury, unless I somehow missed the trial.

There has been no trial and Mr. Cosby has not been found guilty of any crime, except fromthe network that runs his shows. I think they are jumping the gun and I thought a person was innocent until proven guilty.

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Honored Contributor

On 11/20/2014 Lindsays Grandma said:
On 11/19/2014 hckynut said:

There has been no trial and Mr. Cosby has not been found guilty of any crime, except fromthe network that runs his shows. I think they are jumping the gun and I thought a person was innocent until proven guilty.

Crimes or criminal convictions have nothing to do with decisions to run a show.

The networks probably got a LOT of heat from people and cancelled to avoid controversy.

There is no law that says a network has to run a show. It's all based on public opinion.

Regular Contributor

On 11/19/2014 brewhaha said:

My rudy-mentary theo-ry is that they are throwing him over the cliff.

I enjoy word play.

Esteemed Contributor

On 11/20/2014 inallsincerity said:
On 11/19/2014 brewhaha said:

My rudy-mentary theo-ry is that they are throwing him over the cliff.

{#emotions_dlg.laugh} I enjoy word play.

good catch, inallsincerity.....I always enjoy brewhaha's posts...but I didn't connect this one till I read your post .....very clever, brewhaha...very clever indeed....

Super Contributor

Now Bill will be talking, when the royalties stop, he'll think of something he wants to say.

Super Contributor

On 11/19/2014 qvcfreak said:

Same thing happened with 7th Heaven on UP channel, and I agree, sad for the other actors that have nothing to do with it. A couple of actors on 7th Heaven made comments that they counted on those residuals but it is what it is. Wonder if they can sue them.

we were saying the same thing - the cosby show was more than just bill cosby!