Honored Contributor

Re: Reruns of Cosby show are being cancelled

On 11/24/2014 Maisie said:

The statute of limitations has long since passed so of course he will never be prosecuted. As for these (now) 15 or so women? If anything, coming forward can be nothing but painful. There won't be any pay-offs. It seems that, to a woman, what they all want is for this man to admit what he's done and/or have him be recognized for the monster he truly is. Sorry - but if it walks like a duck.....and now this former NBC employee whose job it was to pay the women off with money order who is 90 years old? What, exactly, does he have to gain?? There were other reports too that Cosby was a virtual walking pharmacy - had all kinds of drugs (like quaaludes) at his disposal to slip into their drinks.

Power is intoxicating, no question. Cosby abused his position and these women bought into it. But they did not ask to be raped. And it is shamfel to place any kind of blame on these women for what Cosby may have done to therm. As has already been noted: there were no rape kits, DNA tests. Only he said/she said. And now he said/she said she said she said she said she said........

EXCELLENT POST ......... I can't believe people think these women will get "fame or fortune" by speaking up now .... how stupid. {#emotions_dlg.thumbdown}

The ONLY thing that can come of this now is that Cosby is publicly shamed for his criminal behavior and the world knows who he truly is .... {#emotions_dlg.unsure}

Honored Contributor

Bill Cosby, once revered, now repudiated, should just go into private life and fade away. He is lucky he was never prosecuted for his crimes. He should do the right thing by those women, and he should just go. It's over.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Honored Contributor

If you haven't seen the timeline of Bill Cosby's bad behavior going back to 1965, this article from tvguide.com should open your eyes .................. prepare to be shocked. {#emotions_dlg.unsure}

http://www.tvguide.com/news/bill-cosby-rape-allegations-timeline-1089629.aspx

Honored Contributor

As all these women come out of the woodwork with their "stories", I haven't heard any story that supports the accusation of rape. I've heard some really unbelievable stories. My guess is that he behaved the way a lot, if not most, stars did back in those days. He partied hardy! He boozed it up and he used recreational drugs. And he money and was celebrity and he was womanizer. And like moths to a flame, women were attracted to him and partied right along with him. All the "he gave me pills" puts all of the under suspicion because what women would just take a strange pill from some man? They were all doing party drugs. They gave him sx, he gave them drugs, money and wild time. No different than the infamous Rat Pack from back in the day. Cosby was never "revered". That's just plain silly. His reputation was tarnished several years ago when he settled a similar charge. Yes, his career and his ability to work has been destroyed. Some day, perhaps we'll find out WHO is behind it and WHY. It certainly isn't all those women and their uncorroborated, unsubstaniated stories.

Honored Contributor

I read the tvguide piece.

These things have been pretty well known for decades - his standard M.O. of drugging and assaulting women. But I've never seen it all in one place like that.

It's not like these women have come from nowhere to gain something - I cannot imagine what! But it's just coming to the surface again, so some of them are speaking up - AGAIN.

Super Contributor

On 11/25/2014 chrystaltree said:

As all these women come out of the woodwork with their "stories", I haven't heard any story that supports the accusation of rape. I've heard some really unbelievable stories. My guess is that he behaved the way a lot, if not most, stars did back in those days. He partied hardy! He boozed it up and he used recreational drugs. And he money and was celebrity and he was womanizer. And like moths to a flame, women were attracted to him and partied right along with him. All the "he gave me pills" puts all of the under suspicion because what women would just take a strange pill from some man? They were all doing party drugs. They gave him sx, he gave them drugs, money and wild time. No different than the infamous Rat Pack from back in the day. Cosby was never "revered". That's just plain silly. His reputation was tarnished several years ago when he settled a similar charge. Yes, his career and his ability to work has been destroyed. Some day, perhaps we'll find out WHO is behind it and WHY. It certainly isn't all those women and their uncorroborated, unsubstaniated stories.

I read the article too.

I think Cosby's a real predator. But even if you didn't see anything substantiating rape, I take it the rest is ok, boys will be boys stuff???Just because you're calling it recreational drugs, taking advantage of a woman who is intoxicated, drugged, unconscious, asleep, in a coma, etc. etc. is illegal. And being the pill pusher is a royal jerk pre-meditating an assault.

I don't care how you label it, if the ability to consent or say NO is taken away from a woman, she is prey to a sick, selfish, sekual predator.

Honored Contributor

On 11/25/2014 chrystaltree said:

It's clear you haven't read the TV Guide article about known assaults going back decades ...... read it and then tell us he just "partied hardy". {#emotions_dlg.thumbdown}