Esteemed Contributor

Re: Reruns of Cosby show are being cancelled

On 11/21/2014 JeanLouiseFinch said:

Boy, oh boy, you people already have him tried and convicted. And now add the wife bashing to it. Nobody here knows the truth, but are content to speculate and think the worst. Whatever happened to "innocent UNTIL PROVEN guilty"? I don't know what happened, but if there's anything to the allegations then he should be charged with a crime or crimes and tried for them. Let the other side prove their case(s).

I don't believe anyone here is holding court. It's just sharing our viewpoints, opinions, and where were stand on this sort of thing. On this issue with this man 1+ 1 is 2. We have our own common sense to conclude things and the liberty to do so. The man is a much touted celebrity in the public eye. He will have public opinion whether he likes it or not. Have you considered the many females throughout the centuries who could never come forward to reveal what happened to them by other males who victimized them? These things happen. They shouldn't

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Esteemed Contributor

It concerns me and it should concern any THINKING a American that a individual's guilt or innocence is now decided by the all knowing Court of Public Opinion rather than in a Court of Law.
Super Contributor

On 11/21/2014 KathyPet said: It concerns me and it should concern any THINKING a American that a individual's guilt or innocence is now decided by the all knowing Court of Public Opinion rather than in a Court of Law.

It's always been that way.

Don't you think that Lizzie Bordan was also tried in the court of public opinion, as well as a court of law?

Trusted Contributor

On 11/21/2014 KathyPet said: It concerns me and it should concern any THINKING a American that a individual's guilt or innocence is now decided by the all knowing Court of Public Opinion rather than in a Court of Law.

Public opinion always affects people in the entertainment industry. It's not like he's going to go to prison without a trial. A dozen women have come forward and said he assaulted them. He is saying nothing. People have a right to decide who is being truthful. He could do an interview on every network available if he wanted to.

It's always a victory for me when I remember why I entered a room.
Super Contributor

Good! Just as when he bought the rights to ""The Little Rascals"" and would never let them be broadcast again because he thought they were racist.

Trusted Contributor

On 11/21/2014 BonnieBelle said:

Good! Just as when he bought the rights to ""The Little Rascals"" and would never let them be broadcast again because he thought they were racist.

The Little Rascals definitely have racial stereotypes in them but it's not true that Cosby bought the rights to them.

It's always a victory for me when I remember why I entered a room.
Regular Contributor

And again, how does an interview help in any way?

Esteemed Contributor

I am sure he is following his attorney's advice. Nothing is to be gained with a interview. he says he is innocent. the woman involved say he is guilty. no proof either way that I have heard. The believers in his innocence will continue to believe. the believers in his guilt will continue to believe. giving a interview gains him absolutely nothing.
Honored Contributor

On 11/21/2014 KathyPet said: I am sure he is following his attorney's advice. Nothing is to be gained with a interview. he says he is innocent. the woman involved say he is guilty. no proof either way that I have heard. The believers in his innocence will continue to believe. the believers in his guilt will continue to believe. giving a interview gains him absolutely nothing.

It's past the statute of limitations...they can't sue him.

I think he is taking advice from his AGENT.

Respected Contributor

Our local news stated that BC's gig on the Las Vegas Strip has just been canceled. That was a big move. It was originally stated that the show would go on here.