Frequent Contributor

Re: Rerun Programming Meant to Engage Viewers

I do not watch if it says  prevously recorded.

Honored Contributor

@Johnnyeager wrote:

The publication HFN Digital has an article about the change in programming and published this corporate response they received.   

A statement supplied by the company in response to HFN’s inquiry about this change, said: “At QVC, we are constantly evolving our on-air and online programming experiences to meet the needs of our customers and provide them with engaging content. As part of this, QVC is currently piloting the use of previously aired programming on the main channel in the overnight hours. This provides customers more opportunity to engage with our most popular programs and product presentations. The use of previously aired programming is currently used on our other OVC broadcast channels—QVC 2 and OVC 3. As always, we pay close attention to customer feedback and continue to evolve our retail experiences in response.”

That's corporate speak for "we're saving money by not staffing employees at night, not paying marketing staff to plan shows and product line-ups for night shows, cutting hours, and perhaps laying off employees." 

Respected Contributor

here's the deal: the further Q gets away from what propelled it at first, the worse it does. 

Q should deliver complete product information - and not meaningless chatter and fake friends-y atmosphere.

Q should deliver good pricing that reflects its vaunted buying power - and not prices that can be found everywhere else.

and very importantly,people are attracted to  items that pique their interest, the best of class, the unusual. that does not mean an endless parade of deals, jeans, jeans and more jeans (who can discriminate among them?) , plain t-shirts/pants/cardigans, infomercials for Ring/Tracfone/scooters,or  overkill on one brand that seems to be on no matter when you flip by.

Q has lost its sizzle. in its search to broaden its demographic, it lost any personality it had in a sea of ordinariness. value has gone by the board and convenience became doubtful with all those shipping problems.  i don't quibble with the quality, though.

Honored Contributor

Why doesn’t Q give us reruns of the products they sell in other countries during the middle of the night.i would tune in for that.

Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@Johnnyeager 

Well ...it makes perfect sense....two channels do it already so let's add a 3rd channel with repeats....SMH!!!!  🙄

🤣 🤣 🤣

I think they are confused....they are supposed to ENGAGE viewers NOT chase them away.....

Oh but @Spurt, they're thinking outside the box. Really. Please, they can't even find the box to think outside of. They want to think outside the box then still more repetition of the same tired products is so not the way to go. I fully agree that TV based home shopping needs to reinvent itself, but this isn't reinvention as most would define it. This is stale, pure and simple.

@stevieb 

QVC went down into the basement and found an OLD box...they are just borrowing an OLD idea from HSN....and we know how "successful" HSN has been....not exactly a business model one would want to emulate????  Perhaps the new Exec is just beginning from the beginning and working her way up to some sort of improvement, but somehow I am not holding my breath, not a good way to get started...Woman Frustrated

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

For me, the unfortunate reality is that it was probably more entertaining before they started trying so hard to make it entertaining... back when they offered more on-air product variety, less frenetic host and vendor behaviors and less repetition...

The powers that be are so tone deaf, I find myself wondering how on earth they got their positions.

And @QVCkitty1, how they keep them... 

Smiley Surprised

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

For me, the unfortunate reality is that it was probably more entertaining before they started trying so hard to make it entertaining... back when they offered more on-air product variety, less frenetic host and vendor behaviors and less repetition...

The powers that be are so tone deaf, I find myself wondering how on earth they got their positions.

And @QVCkitty1, how they keep them... 

Smiley Surprised

@stevieb @I shudder to think how they keep them. 😏

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

If they don’t have enough programming to show new content on QVC maybe they should cut back on the number of channels they have. 

Respected Contributor

I'm just going to say that if you don't buy the flashlights from Shawn, maybe you will buy them from Kerstin, or David, or Antonella, or..........  well, you get the picture.  Same product, different hosts, one of them will surely convince you that you must have the product if you see it enough.    All very sad.   

Occasional Contributor

Airing reruns on the main QVC channel means I switch over to a different channel if i have already seen the presentation.  Could using reruns be the reason that show hosts are seeming to disappear from the QVC lineup?