Esteemed Contributor

Rerun Programming Meant to Engage Viewers

The publication HFN Digital has an article about the change in programming and published this corporate response they received.   

A statement supplied by the company in response to HFN’s inquiry about this change, said: “At QVC, we are constantly evolving our on-air and online programming experiences to meet the needs of our customers and provide them with engaging content. As part of this, QVC is currently piloting the use of previously aired programming on the main channel in the overnight hours. This provides customers more opportunity to engage with our most popular programs and product presentations. The use of previously aired programming is currently used on our other OVC broadcast channels—QVC 2 and OVC 3. As always, we pay close attention to customer feedback and continue to evolve our retail experiences in response.”

Honored Contributor

Re: Rerun Programming Meant to Engage Viewers

🤦‍♀️

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Respected Contributor

Sounds like the overnight hosts would be out of a job, or have their hours cut 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Johnnyeager   That's a huge boatload of ....!!!!

Respected Contributor

QVC is not very transparent, so I have no idea what the real numbers are that drove the decision to air only the TSV hour (or two) repeatedly.  but it feels to me like airing the same hour over and over again makes less sense than maybe airing the entire evening block over again.

Honored Contributor

Or to...."engage" the shopper to shop elsewhere.

Esteemed Contributor

They think that the consumer wants to see the TSV for 7 straight hours.  Yes, engage me please with one product over and over.

What kind of marketing research have they been using?  Talk about not knowing what is going on.

Honored Contributor

They're not even showing their "most popular" programs, if they are showing the same program over and over for five hours.  Crazy.

Respected Contributor

It is always about the bottom line.  

Strive for respect instead of attention. It lasts longer.
Respected Contributor

I feel like this is their way of justifying cutting hosts' hours