Super Contributor

Hello!

I am looking for a forum or consitent thread where folks exchange ideas and enthusiam about making things like altered books and collage. Not limited to that, but that's what is currently on my mind. I've combed through some areas, but haven't found the right thing. I thought the friendly folks here might be able to point me in the right direction. I am posting this same message in Home, Among Friends, and the Fashion-LOGO area (just cz I'm a frequent visitor there :-). If you have other ideas, please share. 

Thank you so much and have a great day!

Honored Contributor

Re: Request for help / ideas

Just pick a forum and make a thread.  I love to be crafty too although I am terrible at it but my art doesn't care. 

I think Among Friends or possibly Home might be the best two places to start something like that where like minded people will find you or you can do it here.  I do Community the most often if you are looking for eyeballs and Among Friends is also a well traveled forum.  

Honored Contributor

@Mirren  just so you know it is against Community Guidelines to post the same posts in different forums. It is called cross-posting. 

Good luck with your search. I would read but could offer very little to your thread. I'm the former teacher who used to come up with these innovative bulletin board ideas and then would give my students extra credit to bring them to fruition. Let's keep that embarrassing confession between the two of us.

April is Autism Awareness/Acceptance month.
Honored Contributor

just begin a crafting thread (or whatever you wish to call it.) and keep it up and running. there are numerous threads on these forums that have gone on for a couple of years now. maybe "calling all crafters?" it would probably be appropriate in the home section or in among friends.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Super Contributor

Thank you so much - I didn't know the "cross-posting rule! So embarrassed, but thank you for the gentle correction. I hope I don't get thrown off the boards!

Super Contributor

Thank you! I wanted to know if I was missing a thread so that I wouldn't start something and get a note from someone saying "you know, there's a 'so-and-so thread in the so-and-so forum'" - haha! 

I'm going to see what settles out from my responses and then see if I need to start something. I appreciate your feedback so much!

Super Contributor

Thank you so much for your generous response! I'm like you - I don't know if what I make is "pretty," but I don't care. I just gotta do it! I wanted to have a place where I can ask questions and share ideas and excitement with folks who support each other in creative pursuits...

Right now I'm thinking Among Friends, just because I like the ring of it! I'll look for you there!

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Mirren

Have you entered the word "crafts" in the forum search

I just did, and there seem to be several threads to explore, which I'll leave to you, as I'm not 'crafty'.

If none of the existing threads suit you, or are all too old (no bumping up old threads!) then just start a new thread in an appropriate forum (Among or Home)     😀

Honored Contributor

There are a number of special interest groups on FB if you'd care to look there.

Super Contributor

Thanks, Hedge. I did search first and nothing was what I was looking for. I'll look again more carefully before I start.