Esteemed Contributor

Re: Reports: Charles Manson in hospital

Two separate threads.

Respected Contributor

i agree @Cakers3   manson will never go away as far as his victims go.  and he shouldn't.  i hope they have found some peace and maybe when he goes there will be some kind of ending. he always let us know he was around doing something.  he never did go quietly off to his cell not to be heard from again.

my earlier post was said in frustration because i'm so sick of hearing his name for so many years and he should have been locked away and never, ever heard from again.  hopefully it's the end for real this time.  i'd like to wish him on his way.

i'm a forgiving person, but there are some that i feel do not desrve to be forgiven......he is at the top of the list. 

Honored Contributor

He needs to die already.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Irishgirl I totally agree with your summation of the DP..I have always said the same thing..the cost alone for the death penalty defense lawyers..they are specialized and at the cost of the state i.e. taxpayer.

I couldn't agree with you more..you stated my stand perfectly.

Honored Contributor

@ZoetheCat wrote:

@Lucky Charm wrote:

It makes me sick the media thinks this is news.

I know it is fashionable to bash the media, but, with all due respect, I think it's a bit naive to think that this is not news.  The Manson case was very big news when the murders took place and has remained in the public consciousness for all these years.

As for Manson, I think most of can agree that he is a dispicable human being.  Having said that, I understand those who believe that it is not for us to stoop to his level.  If I had a loved one who was killed by Manson or his "followers," I would probably want to see him suffer horribly.  But maybe not.  There are many instances of survivors who do not seek revenge.  We are all different.

Another poster mentioned that life in prison is probably far worse than being executed, and I agree with that.  Although I doubt that Manson spends his days filled with remorse, I still think life in prison is likely very miserable, not just physically but also psychologically.  I'm guessing that for many living in these circumstances, death would be preferable.  

Life in prison has never been miserable for Manson. He "grew up" in a prison system - first juvenile, then adult. It has been the only regulated "home life" he's ever known. He knows exactly how to play all the games and work the system. He was probably delighted to have been given a Life sentence. 

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Valued Contributor

What's disgusting to me is that he considers himself a "celebrity"

Honored Contributor

As long as he has someone guarding him and he is in chains...................he's crazy.

Esteemed Contributor

The man is 82 years old - I seriously doubt this is the first time he has received medical care during his prison stint.

I don't object to someone in custody receiving medical care, my POV is that he shouldn't be alive to receive any care in the first place.

The ball was dropped there many years ago.

Our entire "justice" system needs reworking and revamping IMHO.

Honored Contributor

@deedledeedeedle wrote:

@chickenbone wrote:

Charles Manson didn't kill anyone. But he was certified crazy.

Mmmm, wrong. You may want to read Helter Skelter, written by the late Vincent Bugliosi, the DA who successfully prosecuted him and got the case to the death penalty. I really, really, really wish Manson had lived & committed his crimes in Texas or Florida, where the death penalty still applies to this day.  

dee

@deedledeedeedle:

@chickenbone is correct.  

Charles Manson technically didn't kill anyone. 

From the Summation of Vincent Bugliosi, 1/15/71:

"Although the evidence at this trial shows that Charles Manson was the leader of the conspiracy to commit these murders, there is no evidence that he actually personally killed any of the seven victims in this case. However, the joint responsibility rule of conspiracy makes him guilty of all seven murders."

"Manson is guilty of all seven counts of murder under the vicarious liability rule of conspiracy. It is also called the joint responsibility rule of conspiracy."

Honored Contributor

This creature is the scum of the Earth.  I heard today there is speculation IT has been sick for awhile.  I hope a lot of pain and suffering has accompanied that illness.

May IT rot in....